1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'72 WR Tank and Frame paint

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by rob kelly, Oct 11, 2017.

1. rob kelly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr250
    Hahaha, you can never have too many bikes. I've mountain biked quite a bit in wales and its a unique type of rain- on the rare occasion it does rain :-) a fine wet rain, a rain that fools you into thinking its not raining much at all but you end up more wet than if it was a downpour! I always enjoy it there though, rain or no rain.
    I've got in contact with Jeff Bens and i think hes going to send me a tank. I might buy some chrome sticker side panels to stick on it as its just painted, no chrome.
    I've attached a picture of it. It's in boxes at the moment.

Attached Files:

2. chamber66 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 1972
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM370, Curtis Honda, Maico 400
    That's a cracking looking bike, I would keep it just as it is, and not restore But each to their own. Those stick on panels look pretty good and you can't really tell. Out of interest how much was the tank of Jeff. Hope to see you on the track sometime soon John
  3. chamber66 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 1972
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looked at your pic again. Cracking bike. Mines ruff as hell, and awaiting work/money being spent on her, but until I sell my Curtis it will have to wait
  4. rob kelly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr250
    Thanks John. I bought as it had hardly been used. Original tires, rims, bushes, chain etc I'm told. I've taken all those 'perishable' bits off and have got NOS or reproduction stuff to put on it so hopefully it'll look original still, it's just a shame the rims dissolved a bit when I tried to have those re anodized.
    Does it look like a '72 to you?
  5. chamber66 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 1972
    Other Motorcycles:
  6. rob kelly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr250
    That cr400 does indeed look fantastic. The frame number on mine is MJ08--- and engine 2019 ---- which checks out ok as 1972 250 on the charts I've looked at.

Should the forks be silver then? Is it ok to have them powder coated if they're aluminium and how do tell if they're aluminium or magnesium?
  7. rob kelly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr250
    The falcon shocks he's fitted look good, has anyone had any experience with these? I was looking at a pair of hagon shocks but what would be the better option?
  8. chamber66 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 1972
    Other Motorcycles:
    Depens on what you want them for. NJB basic but completely fine. I have used them for racing but I have an Ohlins fixation lol Theres some 13" Works Performance shocks on Ebay. They are pretty good

DK offroad are currently breaking a 72 400, most cycle parts will be the same as the 250