1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'72 WR 450 Project Photos

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by offyatindy, Aug 14, 2010.

1. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

"offyatindy"..I havent forgot about ya... just that 'life' is getting in the way with my Huskies. I'll photograph tonite post photos 8-30-11.
    I obtained the spark arrestor/"screen"..from a Trials shop...I have the name written down somewhere in my garage.. lemme know if ya want it
  2. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

heres the photos of the 'bullet' muffler on my '71 400.. at the "middle" part of the stinger is where the "screen" is. what Idid was cut off a portion of the bullet stinger. the "screen" /spark arrestor was then inserted into the end of the muffler & riveted...the spark arrestor has 3 set screws on the other end and that is where I had an aluminium piece turned down to fit into the spark arrestor housing..then I tigtened up the set screws and heres what ya have... I wanted to take the end piece off to better show you the spark arrestor but I think I used red lock tite..remember the screen is the middle section and is only about 3/4 inch overall length..(visible is only about 1/4") I wiped out the stinger so I could photograph the inside... Photo 3...shows the 3 segments

Attached Files:

3. offyatindy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 Husqvarna 450WR
    Thanks for the photos Mike. That is one perfect installation - what I was looking for. Whether or not I am going to find the time to set mine up like that is a question, but it beats the heck out of bolting a rubbish bin (my $6 muffler) to the end of the pipe.
  4. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

"Tindy"... I understand ..time...is a precious commodity.. I have a couple mufflers from ebay also..I cleaned them up...de-rusted them...repainted etc..they actually look good!... the downside is that these bikes really never were "quiet"...