630 Tps Reset Probs...

Discussion in '610/630' started by Sykes, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 Honda Africa Twin
    Hi all. I've been hovering around Cafe Husky for a while as a guest and have sorted out most of my bikes issues reading old threads, but now I have a problem that I need some advice on if anyone can help... I have a 2011 te 630 and have found that I can't reset the tps. When I twist the throttle with the ignition on the percentage rises smoothly from closed but only reads 89.9% at Wot. When the bike is running the throttle % sticks a 0% and then rises very irrationally, not reading the correct % at any point. The tps adj value is 977mv and the tps value now is 615mv, but when I try to reset it I get "a tps adjustment failed" message. There are no current or historical codes and no blinking neutral light. I've been through the wiring harness and cleaned all connectors and earths to no avail, oh, and the bike has the pu kit and jd tuner. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can set the tps and get the right WOT %?
  2. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Hate to say it but suspect your TPS has internal corrosion on the contact areas and resistance values are affected. I'd try the reset procedure a few more times. Also try bypassing the JD Tuner maybe?

FWIW, my bike has always read 0% at closed throttle and 102% at WOT.

3. Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 Honda Africa Twin
    Thanks for the reply DYNOBOB. I was hoping that I'd missed something and I should perhaps adjust the hard throttle stop to get 102% WOT and then reset the tps, wishful thinking!!! I'll try to reset again and bypass the jd tuner. There's also a tps off of a Yam yzf-R 125 on fleabay, I'll get that too and see if it matches up (I've rad that some may have reversed polarity). Also DYNOBOB, could you advise on IBeat settings for a stock pipe and pu kit (for when I bypass the jd tuner) , mine are currently 100, 100, 100? Thanks for your help...
  4. Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 Honda Africa Twin
    Forgot to say, standard airbox too....
  5. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles: