630 SMS fender elimination options?

Discussion in '610/630' started by rocko, Jul 27, 2011.

1. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    I would like to get rid of the huge fender and was looking for ideas. I like the stock blinkers. Preferably I would like avoid hacking parts (keep the stock part intact just in case I have to put it back on someday), be legal in CA, and of course, look good! If you have photos of what you did/what you had to buy that would be awesome! Thanks in advance! :cheers:
  2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    Looks awesome!

I will ask my friendly LEO if that is legal or not.

I think it would be cool to drill a strip of holes in some handguards and place the front turn signals there...
  4. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, that was my original intent but what I came out with is just the beezkneez....:cool:
    I would say go for it, even if you can actually buy blinkered mirrors today, it'll probably look much better and unique coming out of your head...

Make it your own

:thumbsup:
  5. Ketek Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just remove the black fender and put the license plate on the white part that's underneath. Not much work and the angle it pretty nice :D

Edit: Oh yeah blinkers... if you remove the passenger handles you can mount the blinkers there.
  6. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

Not legal. If it doesn't have "DOT" in the lens, it's not legal. Same thing with the lack of reflectors..
  7. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Here's what I did after whacking off the excessive tail bits
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. loften630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Here is what I did with a 4 dollar piece of metal.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    Those all look great!

Loften yours looks the most legal. It looks like you just bent a piece of metal into a U-shape and drilled holes into it and then mounted an aftermarket license plate bracket onto that. Am I right?
  10. loften630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Pretty much. The plate bracket was off a suzuki bandit that I had laying around.
  11. NorCalAthlete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 SMS
  12. NorCalAthlete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 SMS
    Bumping again...these DMP flush mounts look pretty cool and I'm thinking about combining them with what loften did.

[IMG]
  13. huskyfan420123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630
    Other Motorcycles:
    rm125/2012 tomos 150 fun times
    I like those u gotta link im always knocken mine out
  14. huskyfan420123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630
    Other Motorcycles:
    rm125/2012 tomos 150 fun times
    I know of a guy, that has a te mounted a sick kit off a 310, took a lot more work than I find worth it, he had a custom shop do it, really 200 in labor for a kit it did look really sick tho . wish I had all that cash :banghead:
  15. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Search for "DMP flush LED marker" lights on ebay, they come in smoke and amber and run about $30
    No issues in almost 3 years, just need to trim down the flange on the plastic nut that holds them in if you stick them where the factory ones go. They are super bright. You will need a digital flasher relay if you go with LED's front and rear. If you just do rear without the relay, they will flash at double speed, if you do both, they won't flash without the digital relay.

HERE is the relay you need, it plugs right in place of the factory flasher (in the fuse block under the seat)
  16. NorCalAthlete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 SMS

Apparently just gotta search for them on Ebay, and then get this flasher to go with them.

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=603008

On the other hand, I just ordered these ones from Sicass Racing (gonna try both out, see which I like better, Craigslist the ones I don't like)

http://sicassracing.com/store/turn_signals/led/smoke_lens_led_flat_mount

Flasher for Sicass blinkers:
    http://sicassracing.com/store/produ...sher_led_turn_signal_flasher?cPath=105_46_52&
  17. NorCalAthlete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 SMS
    Just got off the phone with Acerbis (pronounced "ah-CHer-bis" apparently btw). Spent 30+ minutes discussing handguards, LEDs, etc. Dunno if you guys have browsed their 2014 catalog, buuuuuuut....:D check these out!

http://shops.hookit.com/Acerbis/ViewProduct/X-TARMAC/4251.aspx

http://shops.hookit.com/Acerbis/ViewCategory.aspx?Category_ID=1300

Guy I talked to (Dien) said he's heard of people using the Dual Road ones as turn signals but had no details on how they got them working. The X-Tarmacs are electroluminescent (vs LED, but I'm not entirely sure what the distinction is there and he couldn't clarify much) and he wasn't sure if I could get them to work as flashers. Other problem is he confirmed they're definitely blue - and not lenses or tinted blue, the actual light generated itself is blue. Which may be a problem for me and I'd imagine most of us in the US, because forward facing blue and red lights are a no-go, here's your ticket. However, given that blue-ish headlights are fine, and reading the California VC, from what I can tell it's a combo of forward facing blue AND red lights that is a no-go, and similarly no blue facing to the rear. No red to the front, no blue to the rear. So they may be legally ok, but even then - would they be bright enough to use as flashers? What relay would I need? Experimenting needs to be done :D. Dien said it's a brand new 2014 product and they're still working on promo materials and brochures and such for their distributors and dealers so I may be the guinea pig for putting these on a Husky.
  18. julienl Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501 FE 2015 My NEW
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT 500 1980/630 SMS 2011(sold out)
    HELLO,
    PLEASE THE rear fender 630 sms / Te is only parts for this bike or other bike Husky have the same rear fender ??? I m shearching for this!
    thanks!!
  19. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    the parts of the swm 650 sm or you are probably ok
    search for the husqvarna spare parts you need and compare them with those on evolutionbike.it
    if the husqvarna spare part numbers are the same as the swm part numbers, the parts are the same
  20. julienl Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501 FE 2015 My NEW
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT 500 1980/630 SMS 2011(sold out)
    ok cool, thanks.

510 smr is not the same ??