630 Fuel vent.....did you modify your? Whats in it's place?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Huskyfly, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Hello All, just wondering how or if you modified your fuel vent? I'm talking about the small vent that comes from the front of the tank near the headtube. I kept mine but cut it very short and put the stock green check-valve on the end.

The other day after a fill up, when warm out, the vent started to leak a bit of fuel as the tank gases expanded. :eek::confused: Has anyone else had this issue? Did you change your check-valve with something else? What's the best way to address this issue I've created. Keep in mind it's not a problem all the time, most times I just hear the vent relive itself.....sounds like a mini Fog Horn. :lol:
  2. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put a "Y" shaped plastic fitting into the line that drains water from the fuel cap area and plumbed the vent into that. This line runs underneath the engine and seems to be working just fine.
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I ran mine under the engine into the Hyde skid plate, and I drilled a hole in the lowest point of the plate so it wouldn't hold water/gas etc. I kept the check valve where it was. If you fill the tank all the way to the brim, it WILL burp some fuel, with or without the check valve. Just don't plug it or put a higher pressure check in it or you will blow a seal somewhere.
  4. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Cool, thanks for the tips.... :thumbsup:
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    My check valve was removed. The line runs from the cap through the radiator structure and not on the exhaust.

During summer, ESP in desert areas where it's very hot these can pop the shrouds out n the tank and cause other problems.
  6. mbr440 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TE630 13TE310 14 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 VFR750
    I ran mine Old School through the steering stem after removing the check valve. It kinks a bit at full lock to the left but seems to be fine.. I should check my steering head bearings soon though as I read in C.W. that their long term test bike had some changed under warranty.
  7. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I run it through the stem also and have, on a few occasions, seen fuel leakage streaks down the back of the front fender. I know- I need to not fill it so full. I'm thinking I need to check those bearings, esp the lower set.
  8. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Did mine like this, works great, never any fuel spilling. Yes, the check valve 'honks' once in awhile. :D

The filler cap area water drain comes capped off for the TE, not sure why. So I cut/removed mine and just left it open.

My head bearings were a little loose, got about a quarter turn on the stop collar nut pretty early on when chasing high speed wobbles. Seems to have gone away but have not had it back up to 90 to see. Have not disassembled for grease yet, couple thousand miles.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

I got tired of messing with the key so I installed a billet cap with a breather. The gas tank vents are screwed closed and now I can top of the tank with no leaks.

Gas cap2.JPG

Gas cap1 .JPG
  10. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ooooh, I like! Where did you get it?
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Here's where mine goes:

[IMG]
  12. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

Try this email address for info on the cap, jkohutich@comcast.net. I bought mine a few years ago for my 610 and I don't recall where I found it. I sure am glad I kept it for my 630 because it is so much nicer to deal with and you can actually hold more gas since you can top off the tank.
  13. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I have the same exact cap in black on my TE 630. It is real nice.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506643
    Use the email husky666 posted.
  14. maverick9611 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 sms 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    klr 692, concour 14,ninja 250r
    email undeliverable