630 Clutch Master Cylinder Leak...AGAIN

Discussion in '610/630' started by jtemple, Sep 19, 2011.

1. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm on my second Magura master cylinder. The first one was replaced under warranty. I had a weekend ride this weekend. This morning before work, I discovered a puddle of clutch line fluid under the bike. My master cylinder is leaking again.

I'm pretty sure my warranty is expired by now. We only get a year in the US, right?

What's up with these things? Is my luck really that bad or are these Magura master clyinders really that lousy?

Are there any aftermarket options that are more reliable?

Can I take this thing apart and clean it up, or am I going to be replacing my master cylinder (or the guts) twice a year?

I love the feel of a hydro clutch. But the constant leaks make me wish I had a cable.
  2. tropicoz Husqvarna
    C Class

Where does the leak originate? Can you tell if it's the banjo, the piston, etc.?
  3. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm pretty sure it's the piston again (same as last time). I haven't had the chance to take a closer look yet. I just noticed it on my way out the door this morning.
  4. tropicoz Husqvarna
    C Class

If it's the piston, your best bet would be to get a rebuild kit and have a go at it. Perhaps the oem kits had a faulty batch of rings or something, such that even a completely new MC under warranty netted the same problem.

If it leaks after the rebuild, then it's time to get a Brembo. They aren't cheap but really high quality. (I'm not sure if there is an aftermarket Brembo with a built in reservoir.)
  5. strongleftleg Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've had Magura clutches on my last 3 bikes, never had a problem. Hopefully you don't have anymore problems.
  6. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    Mine was replaced last year also under warranty. So far, so good this year ...no troubles
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R

I just installed the rebuild kit and bled the system. I'm waiting on new sprockets & chain before I can go ride it and see if it worked.

Has anyone fitted a Brembo up to a Husky?