630 Cam Chain & Tensioner Replacement

Discussion in '610/630' started by jtemple, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Just measured my new sdh that I got for my 610; 128.7 between 21 pins. The link length must be shorter and it's also a single cam.
  2. cyclopathic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The tensioner doesn't get oil flow and can get stuck/rust in. Old kwaks had this problem taking out cleaning and greasing would take care of it.
  3. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Bumping old thread,but does it matter? 60 thousand km,and cam chain has minimal wear. old 150.1mm(did o4 sdh), new swm (d.i.d scr/sv)149.5mm. measured between pins.
  4. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Wow- that’s a lot of miles. Mine has 26,000 miles (so about 42 kms) and I’ve never checked mine. Runs great- and it’s been ridden hard for those miles. I’m sure we’ll get piled on for not replacing it. :)

As to your question- sorry I’m not more help. My guess, though, is that such little difference should be fine.
  5. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Heh,question was does it matter if answering old thread :). Some forums it does matter...
    There is no service limit in 630 manual(just replace if needed),but i found somewhere else that it was much more than that. i think it was some older husky using same chain. Or d.i.d site.
    I did change it,mainly because i had new in shelf,and i dont think i will ever need it if not used now... In next 60k km i will know if new version is as good as original was :) Cam chain guides were also like new,as was piston.
  6. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Ha- that’s what I get for reading too quick (regarding the “does it matter” thing. :)

Great to hear about the guides and piston- thanks. It’s a tough engine…that’s for sure.