630 airbox mod

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Feb 23, 2014.

1. motranqui Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Based on Dinobob’s idea I’ve made what you can see here. I've used an old aluminium license plate.

Measurements under request . I hope it helps to spread the dust all over the air filter, as everyone would like it :cheers:

SANY5369.JPG

SANY5370.JPG

SANY5373.JPG

SANY5372.JPG
  2. motranqui Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
  3. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used some rubber edge trim running the full length of the airbox lid on top of the little plastic fins. My theory being it makes the fins a little fatter and running full length the fins do not push into the foam. Seems to work really well. Cheap and easy.
    Spice Weasel likes this.
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I took my filter out for inspection and found some of the fins had started cutting the foam, i wasnt impressed. I had some pipe thats used for the washer jets on cars and cut it down one side and glued it on the fins like you have with the trim. It was just to stop them cutting the foam, but i found it also let more air over the filter aswell, bonus.
  5. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010

This is by far the best solution i have seen. I dont know your riding style, but do you ride it hard?
    What i wonder is sometimes you ride with legs loser and sometimes you squeeze the bike with your "knees" depending on situations... Do you feel it when holding your bike with knees? if you know what i mean :)
    Rotax_655 likes this.