610SM Cam Option

Discussion in '610/630' started by crzycrazycarl, Mar 26, 2015.

1. crzycrazycarl Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 610SM
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 Honda XL600, 2001 YZ250
    Hey guys,

I began pulling my 610SM apart to do a cam chain this week. Now that I have it all apart it seems like a good time to find a new cam for it. I've done some searching and haven't been able to find any sources for aftermarket cams for this bike. I did see someone post something about an "Uptite Cam". Does anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket cams? Is it worth it?
  2. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    You can check with George at uptite racing. he quit huskys when BMW bought them but still knows more then most!!! He is a Beta dealer in Santa Ana, CA I beleive
  3. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    You can put a TC cam in it, only difference is a few degrees more duration, no more lift. The result is that the power curve will move up in the rev range, and it will be prone to flameouts when stuffing it into corners. Other than that, nobody has an "off the shelf" cam for the 610, but if you know your math you can have one ground to your specs by just about anyone (like Redline Racing in Albany, OR).

My opinion is that unless you want to go "all out" with it, spend that time and money on cleaning up the head and put a Leo Vince or Arrow exhaust on it.