610 TE eating KTM 690 Rallye for breakfast

Discussion in '610/630' started by Rough Rider, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. alanB Husqvarna
    A Class

Husky's sound nice dont they?

Not trying to take anything away from you and the 610 which we all know is one THE best bikes available but did your mate know you were racing? [IMG]

Which Dakar did that bike race in? I was under the impression that most bikes are toast at the end of a race like the Dakar, so was it completely hammered or has it been restored? Just interested in how it ended up in CT and what it was like.

But in any event I would rather ride a 610 than a 690 (especially one set up for the Dakar, which is probably hard and twitchy as hell). I know I would be faster round most courses on my 610 than on a 690 even though I also know that a 690 is faster in pure straightline speed. On long straights and on tar I'm sure the 690 would leave me behind. And of course, a faster rider would be faster than me round the same course on either bike.

What are your thoughts?
  3. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

:) We weren't racing but I'm sure he was not pleased that I pulled away from him so easily. You can see in the video that I waited a few times for him to catch up. I think he might come and moer me for posting these videos, so need to keep a low profile for a couple of days :eek:.

This particular bike is actually a 700cc and makes huge power, it also has very trick suspension, I've never seen so many different suspension settings before. Also every single nut and bolt on the bike is wired, it looks awesome. So in a nutshell the 610 would have no chance in hell in a straight line or when the terrain opens up a bit, but it's nice to be in front every now and then.

I'm not 100% sure which Dakar this particular bike entered, there is sticker on it, I just can't remember what it said (I think it was last year). All I know is that Deon and his brother Andre each bought one and both are in Cape Town. Andre's bike, an orange one, did not do the Dakar but did Tunisia and Pharaohs or something like that. Andre was also meant to be on this trip with us but he had a big fall two weeks prior on his 640 Adv, and spent a week or so in hospital.

Deon imported both bikes from the Monaco or something after finding them for sale on the internet. I understand that these bike will no longer be allowed to race the Dakar anymore so a number of them came up for sale.

I would not be able to ride either of them, the seats are too high and I cannot reach the ground even on tiptoes.

Oh one other thing, if you think the 610 sounds nice you should hear that 690 Rallye [IMG]

3-23-2011_021.jpg
  4. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class