1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449/511 communication with ECU

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by R. Stephen, Jan 21, 2014.

1. donjohnson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Got all the bits together to give this a go, minor success.

I can connect to the ECU with TuneECU on both android and Windows.

But, it's failing on the authentication step, I can see it in the logs on Windows tuneECU. Connects and then says authentication failed, followed by 4 invalid key messages.

Anyone heard from gobtald? Wondering if he made a script I can run to try to crack the password. I can write one, but you know, easier.

Mines a 2012 SMR511.

Anyone had luck with this on a 2012 year bike? Or SMR?
  2. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 450 ;CCM GP450 ;BMW R1200GSA
    The Windows version will not work on these. New versions for Windows seem to be few and far between these days.

TuneECU included the codes from Gobtald in the Android version 2.8.

If you are usigTuneECU 2.8 on Android, I would send that trace.txt and other details to them as suggested about hafway down this page:
    http://www.tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/index.html

If you are using the free demo version, or version 2.7 for Android I do not think they will work.

It would be great to see maps from teh TE499 and fro a BMG450X for comparisons..
  3. donjohnson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Ok so interestingly I went out this morning and plugged it in again with the ignition off, using android. This time it connected and authenticated fine. I dropped the connection for a bit and tried again, wouldn't connect.

I have the key on power wired to pin 6.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the USB binding up. I'll do a bit more tonight and see if I can work out a more reliable sequence to get a connection.
  4. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    It took me a while to realise that the ECU on the CCM powers down after a short while. Do you think the Husky could be doing the same?
    Try flicking the starter just before you try to reconnect.
  5. donjohnson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Yea gave that a go last night, no dice. Just couldn't connect.
    When I plug in the diagnostic connector I can hear the ECU fire up and pull in the relay, and whatever it's doing with the throttle position. It's definitely on; I think it might by my Lonelec getting locked up somehow.

I'll give it another crack tonight.
  6. donjohnson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    All good now, can connect and read back my maps!

Tried to load in the power commander maps I have, but none of them work. Says it's not the right map or something. Maybe the translation isn't done yet for the huskys. I'll ask TuneECU.

image.jpeg
    magwych likes this.
  7. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, I had the same when I tried to import a PC V file for the BMW G450X into mine. I assumed that they were different. In the end I copied the data from the Power Commander app into Excel, then rearranged it to match the TuneECU layout adding columns and rows where PC was missing them. I then worked out values for those new cells by straight line interpretation from the cells that PC did have. There were sone big diffs, even where there was a durect natch, up to 28% leaner in a few.
    I decided not to go with that. I have just gone with a 5% increase at 1750 RPM/0% throttle, tapering off to 1% at 3500/0% and 1750/15%. Air screw set at 2 1/4 turns out, less a nadge to get a 1650rpm idle.
    So far feels good, if a little rich at idle.
  8. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, I had the same when I tried to import a PC V file for the BMW G450X into mine. I assumed that they were different. In the end I copied the data from the Power Commander app into Excel, then rearranged it to match the TuneECU layout adding columns and rows where PC was missing them. I then worked out values for those new cells by straight line interpretation from the cells that PC did have. There were some big diffs, even where there was a direct match, up to 28% leaner in a few. I decided not to go with that. I think the PC map is from the PC Autotune function, so I cannot be certain if it is adjusting the base map or base map and adaptations.
    I have just gone with a 5% increase at 1750 RPM/0% throttle, tapering off to 1% at 3500/0% and 1750/15%. All changes were made using the F-trim table.
    Air screw set at 2 1/4 turns out, less a nadge to get a 1650rpm idle.
    So far feels good, if a little bit rich at idle.
    Itried uploading my .hex file, but the forum disallows that.
  9. Keenan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Hi
  10. donjohnson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    I got a response from Alain, the importing will be added at next release. Support for the husky on the Windows version will also be added in the next release of that tool.

Does anyone have a copy of race map 3?
  11. donjohnson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Here's my F Tables, stock and race map 2.

Stock:

Stock Map.png

Race Map 2:

Race Map 2.png
  12. Keenan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Finally got mine working, how did you get the 2 maps? One with resistor in then out? My plug is in for race map 2 but when I used tune ecu to read map mine is showing same as your stock map!
  13. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM tables.
    Screenshot_2016-08-25-12-18-23.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-25-12-17-07.png
  14. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    In TuneECU swipe the screen upwards to move between F -> F (2) -> L -> L (2) -> I -> I (2) -> F-L switch
    Swipe it down to move the other way.
    With the mapping jumper in place F (2), L (2) and I (2) become the active tables.
    Keenan likes this.
  15. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Guys,
    You can not upload maps for the PCV into the Husky ecu.
    The PCV is its own unit. Nothing to do with the Keihin injection.
    You will need to load maps from a Husqvarna source (copied from another bike) or reworked original maps loaded back in.
    You are fortunate that they weren't accepted by the ecu....

Meeou now has the software files and no doubt will be working at trying to get them onto the site, or app for uploading.
  16. donjohnson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Not as of right now, but I emailed Alain from TuneECU and he reckons it'll be in the next release, there's an option to import maps in PCV format on the android Map menu, just not implemented yet for our bikes.

Thanks for sending the files over to them - did that include Map Set 3?
  17. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The files include the last updates for dealers at around the late 2013 mark and yes, the Akrapovic Full Titanium racing exhaust maps were there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PCV maps are an increase of a certain percent in each cell added in (by the PCV while running) not a new set of maps like a replacement stand alone ecu.
    I would be very surprised indeed, if the Keihin ecu could make use of those in any way. Hence my mentioning of it earlier.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  18. donjohnson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Great, that'll be excellent.

Yep, it's a feature of tuneECU, at least for other bikes. I'm unsure how it does it, maybe reads the maps in the bike and applies the percentages to those values. Just a guess.

I wonder how much if any difference there is for a 449 vs 511.
  19. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    What Don describes is how it is meant to operate. i.e. One does not load PC V/III maps into the ECU; they are imported into an open map in TuneECU to alter that map. The map in TuneECU is then uploaded to the ECU.

I do have reservations about this method when the PC map is derived from Autotune. PC Autotune works by adjusting the signals from the ECU to the injector, so you need to be sure about what map the ECU had in it that Autotune is adjusting. Another factor that can affect how Autotune adjusts the signal is the adaptations that have been stored in the ECU; these are calculated by the ECU to adjust the base map settings in response to feedback from the O2 sensor. WHen Autotune adjusts the map, do the adpatations not adjust in an attempt to compensate for those changes? I am thinking that thsi could lead to exaggerated chnages in Autotune derived maps?

This is an Autotune dervied PCV map for a G450X engine with Race map3 and the Leo Vince slip-on exhaust, there are some quite large movements towards the lean side. I would be hesitant to whack that in...

G450X PVM Stock + LeoVince.jpg
  20. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Auto tune does not use the factory O2 sensor.
    You need an additional wideband O2 sensor.
    You should not use auto tune while the factory ECU is in Map I (Road Map)
    If you do, the factory ECU and PCV will be fighting one another trying to out correct each other.