29th Annual LA-BARSTOW-TO-VEGAS November 23-24, 2012

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Desertyucca, Nov 7, 2012.

?

Which Route

Easy Route ? 4 vote(s) 66.7%
Hard Route ? 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Both Days ? 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    Welcome to the 29th Annual LA-BARSTOW-TO-VEGAS
    DUAL SPORT and ADVENTURE BIKE TOUR ~ November 23-24, 2012
    AMA DISTRICT 37 HUSQVARNA NATIONAL DUAL SPORT TRAIL RIDING SERIES and
    YAMAHA SUPER TENERE NATIONAL ADVENTURE RIDING SERIES

Any Husky.com members going?
  2. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    The TE Bike is Ready! Not sure my Body is ready for 500 miles :eek:

Extra Heavy duty tubes installed, thinned out the tools & supplies. Fresh Oil, new front tire. Waiting for my GPS Voyager (Broke the Knob at the GP event)!

[IMG]
    Tinken likes this.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm not.. no idea who else may be going.

Still tired from the Oregon trip I just got back from. :oldman:
  4. Chicken pot pie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 KX-250 2 smoke
    1st timer LA-B2V. Gonna be on my '08 TE610. Just put on a Scott's damper last week. New D606's front/rear today. Fresh oil/filter spk plug. Giant Loop Coyote on a few hours ago. Man, that thing is freakin' huge!! You could hide a jockey or 100 lbs of Hebrew National hot dogs in there..which by the way, they are on sale now at Albertson's. Oh yeah, last week, replaced my old HJC dirt bike helmet with a Shoei Hornet DS. Now I need to collect some cans for gas money. Just me and my neighbor (XR650) are teamed up. Still looking for 1-2 more riders to team up with. But not with any Cory Graffunderblazuziakajarvis type riders. But I don't want to be riding in several hours after dark either. The scooter is ALL stock 'cept for what's listed above. Anybody else going? Need to team up? Have aluminum cans to donate?
  5. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Excellent!
    So far I am aiming for the hard route. My Sister is on this adventure.... my pace will be mid to slow speed, depends on how technical the routes really are. She can keep a good pace on most technical trails. Double difficult trails are ok, however Black Diamond trails I will be walking and riding two bikes in those areas:lol: . Good thing we have Plenty of bail outs:thumbsup:

500 Mile DS event can get expensive! Those Loop Coyote Bag. WOW! :eek:.

This will be my first LA-B2V as well. I am familiar with most of the riding areas, lots of GPS time, Ham Radio, Cell phones and even a chase truck. Only issue I see, day light and Physical endurance. Night riding doesn't bother me however Frozen hands will!

I have thinned out to what is necessary. Might get burned who knows! I found excessive weight can make your riding experience unpleasant and slow you down. They say the key is having the the basic's or specialized parts can prevent a long walk! Pack smart :thumbsup:

I will Drive out Thursday night to Palmdale. Be at signups by 5:30 am to get an early start. Let me know what route you signed up for. If your up to the hard route let me know. I will look for you @ signups so we can chat. I will have a TE511 and KTM525.

Ken
  6. Chicken pot pie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 KX-250 2 smoke
    Hello Ken.
    When I went to a pre ride meeting about 2 weeks ago out off the 101 past I-405 (I forgot what city), but they said the hard routes are more or less just longer. I have heard Red Rock is for the Big Dogs. I asked if the hard ways would be like black diamond type stuff and he said no. I was actually gonna try the long routes until I did a 180 miler 2 weekends ago en route to the Husky memorial. Soft deep sand ain't no joke. So, this being my 1st time, I think I might go easy. But, knowing me, I usually start out with trying to go easy and look for a challenge. Sounds like you've got some nice wheels. My neighbor has an XR650/no damper. So we'll see how he does in the sand. I'll PM ya my number. We can at least chat Husky talk, meet up at the beginning and cheers a brewski at the end.:cheers:
    Desertyucca likes this.
  7. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two :thumbsup::thumbsup: for trailtech. Super fast support, great job fixing my busted up voyager. Ready for LA-B2LV :D

[IMG]
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Found these on District 37 forums. I've ridden most of the roads/terrain in part/day 2, definitely not a place for MT43's. :)

15:40, 16:30 (449 > 1200 lol) pt 1
    5:30, 10:30, 15:50 (lol) pt2
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Interesting and surprisingly entertaining videos. Complete enough that now I really do not have the urge to participate (I really don't like sand)...
    Indorider likes this.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You have to be set up for the sand. I know that I struggled with my 511 to get it setup and now it just floats along in the sand. Your 250 would go through that no problem. :thumbsup:
  11. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    And YES LOTS of SAND :banana: Deep Sand whoops! No wind, no Rain, Dusty:eek: . Still a Great Ride this weekend.
    Tinken likes this.
  12. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great event! Sweeps, great job! Check point staff really helped keep us on track! Banquet,really nice to meet other riders. Thank the sponsors for all the raffle prizes :thumbsup: & Thank's to my wife and brother-in-law our chase crew for helping many riders with gas shortages on day 2 :applause:

Look forward to next year. Few photos.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105926185939846057121/albums/5814795697219289313/5814795738043638850

https://plus.google.com/photos/105926185939846057121/albums/5814262145743853649/5814784221205602418
    Tinken likes this.
  13. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Awesome !!...I sure would NOT want to be on that Beemer in your pix...
    Desertyucca likes this.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I especially like this shot. This was me pre-Zip-Ty suspension.

[IMG]
    Desertyucca likes this.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    How was your gas mileage on the 511 for Barstow to Vegas? Was the fender tank necessary?
  16. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas stops were 80 to 120 miles apart. Deep sand drained your tank faster then typical. Day two allot of people ran out of gas 10-20 miles from the gas station. My wife and brother-in-law waiting 40 min helped about 5 people before and after fueling our bikes. Who knows how many others ran out short of the gas station :excuseme:

If anything it provided confidence and a piece of mind! :thumbsup:

Looked like I was the only 449/511 this weekend I could see. Lots of 310 and 610!
  17. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    See the rock. Only one rock on that soft sand turn and I hit it! This is what I get for site seeing and not watching the trail:lol: This was the only fall day 2 I was happy!

Outside of RidgeCrest had a scare. 6 gear, cruising about 60 MPH down the old rail road rock path and a bridge had about 3 foot whoops soft railroad rock, all the extra weight bottomed out each whoop hit the skid plate started bucking side to side, cliffs on each side had :eek: moment! No flats, no bike trouble, no crashes, only a few slow speed soft sand opp's. :D
    Tinken likes this.
  18. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Next year will be the 30 year anniversary! They are planning a big event next year! Start preparing!

Ruff Map of the Route below:thumbsup:.

[IMG]

I like this photo better :D
    [IMG]
  19. Buster714 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 950Adv, '10 F800GS, '06 R6 track
    Nice job. I'm partial to this one. :D

[IMG]

Those guys in the big bike video are pretty impressive. I plowed my way through Mojave on an 800gs a couple times and it was exhausting. I could relate when you hear the rider panting as he balances around all those rocks in the sand on a 460lb bike. Geez.
    Desertyucca likes this.