1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 250 tuned vs stock 300 2017 by TSP

Discussion in '2st' started by rockdancer, Aug 24, 2017.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I am not affiliated with TSP at all but thought this could be of interest -

from Facebook

Check out this dyno curve showing the gains we can get on a 2017 KTM250EXC... this is just from doing the head setup, ignition mod and rejetting with a new needle... no other changes!
    If you remove the parts yourself the total cost for this is only $397 plus return post... thats for the head setup, ignition mod and a new needle, plus we'll tell you jetting and powervalve specs to run. There are NO other mods out there that offer gains across the board for this sort of money!...! Nothing else comes close!!
    A well setup 250 is our favourite trail/race engine. They are not as tiring to ride as a 300 but can pull just as hard when you need it. This engine will feel more like a 275 now that its setup right.
    This 250 now makes higher torque than a stock 300, has way better fuel economy than stock, has MUCH smoother power delivery, and obviously has more power everywhere... Reliability and top/bottom end life are the same as stock as well.
    The PINK curve is the stock 250
    The PURPLE curve is the 250 with a TSP head, TSP ignition mod and TSP jetting specs
    The GREEN curve is a stock 300 for comparison.

Attached Files:

Husky_250 likes this.
  2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    I fail to see how you cam say that green line has much smoother power delivery than the purple line ?
    Also now the 250 would be "just as tiring" as the 300 youre comping it to
    But yea that's pretty decent gains
  3. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    i had TSP do my motor but the while porting design/ cut deck/power mod and head

was a great motor chnage the power to the way i wanted

2 years latter got a 300 kit sent the head to TSP for correct shape and squish, the 300 goes harder with the simple head moda third of the price i paid for the full noise on the 250
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The 250 isn't making as much down low which is probably where the tiring part can come in . At 7500 it looks like it is making more power and torque.
    I think its just showing that good gains can be made - whether its a 250 or 300 .

By the way the jetting specs are on TSP s website and include 125/150 s

http://twostrokeperformance.com.au/

I'm not sure what the ignition mod is - they change the original somehow
    Husky_250 likes this.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If more is what you're looking for then do the same mods to the 300.

There's a lot left in 2 and 4 strokes because they come set up rich and for pump 91 octane. The 2 stroke squish mod for race fuel combined with crisp jetting does wonders for the torque in the middle and will still overrev, the 4 strokes with a tunable ecu only needs good fuel and the spark and fuel curve done for similar results. Engines that are tuned like this are more efficient and last longer the only down side is one tank of pump gas can destroy your engine so you have to commit to race fuel 100% of the time.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Its all good but i bet i would be faster on my 95% oem stock TX300....because as an ammie racer the smooth soft power gets me better special test times, no high comp heads rad ignition curves or too much PV play for me. But as always thank for the info. what makes most of us ammies faster is seat time and a little cross training with some pro riding instruction.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm a fast old guy and a A rider...last race I switched out the powervalve spring for the green spring (2017 tc 250) engine felt slow and boring as hec....two state combined race app 160 guys and was 34th overall ....and there was app 20 double AA guys....my point is I just learned my fun pipey workhorse is better set up slow...and truth is 98% of all riders can't even ride a 125 to its full potential...between ignition map switch and powervalve springs and stock jetti g mods probably just fine for most riders....
    bulto, lankydoug, robertaccio and 3 others like this.
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I agree . My only mod to my 14 TE 250 is one of those big ass Akropovic silencers . I love it as it has a guiet deep note , its light and makes nice useable power down low . I tried a shorter fmf power core silencer and hated it .
    I wouldn't mind some more overrev just for the fun of it - which these mods may do but I feel it may lose down low .
  9. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    I disagree, the 250 is more "tiring" to me, as you have to ride more aggressive to stay on the pipe. I can ride my 300 for hours and hours lugging it around. I'd take a fatter bottom end over a screamer any day.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    all that matter to me as a "professional" ammie rider/racer is my lap/special test times. most ammies are better off on "slow" bikes. Dyno is great for actual power study and tuning purposes of course, but personal real world riding is the real answer purely personal, BTW me on factory Husky enduro bike and say Taylor Robert on an old XR200 .....he will still smoke me. But these threads are always fun to hash out. PS like I said before my no hit soft 300 is optimum for me to eat through terrain. Its always about the me.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    And that's why they make all kinds of different bikes. Ride the bike that suits your riding style and tune accordingly. Now for the obligatory cliches...
    There's no replacement for displacement
    The only power you need is the power you can use
    Power is nothing without control
    When in doubt, gas it
    Turn the gas on dummy
    The older I get, the faster I was
    Get your skirt outta the chain and keep up
    fletchman45 likes this.
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

To me it's simple 300's suck....why? Simple...they vibrate to much for starters...2nd they make me lazy and forget about the task at hand....and they are super boring lugging around a 300 and short shifting is boring...anyone super knowledgeable will tell you hands down the best overall offroad bike for most riders is a 250 two stroke...
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    leave it to Fletch to slag us 300 riders......vibe was an issue it really could be taxing at times, but with this new engine I find myself on the pipe a heck of a lot more now, plus mine is set up rather mellow anyway. But yes I remember a balls out race in the early 2000s on my 250 vs a guy on a matching 450KTM and the 250 2T was razor sharp and I finally roosted him when we we reentered the woods sectionand gapped him with the 250 singing
    good thing is I can still get my rocks off with the YZ125 when I want feel like a high rpm on the pipe hero
    lankydoug and fletchman45 like this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I know my fat ass feels faster on my 250 than my 449 on everything except WFO graded roads.:banana:
    robertaccio and fletchman45 like this.
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

However....the husqvarna ....and let me make it clear it is not a ktm it is a husqvarna...made by ktm and recognized as ktm as the premiere motorcycle hence the 100$ price difference...the 300 husky is a game changer if you like 300's...why? The counter balancer...you now can ride a 300 without massive hand numbing finger tingling numbness...kudos husqvarna for setting the standard with lightweight non vibrating technology along with and air fork that is 3.6 pounds lighter and performs awesome while others are giving up...ha did I say I love my husqvarna!!
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes the AER48 seriously out of the box amazing, pump er up bleed er down a couple clickers here and there.....absolutley brilliant fork TX300 rider. PS despite all the intertube chatter when tuned right with proper knowledge of tuning the Mikuni TMX38 is fine
    fletchman45 and Norman Foley like this.
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm with you. My tc 250 air fork has a basic revalve....9.5 for pounding whoops or Moto track or 8.5 for rocks...roots...logs etc...love it...mikuni has always been fine for me..but I think c riders and fussy perfectionists have a problem with them...my little 144s were great with them and nobody from halls switched them out either...just need fine tuned..for me one clip leaner works great..im into the fork but the word I have is slower guys prefer the explorer fork over the aer....at almost four pound penalty I say not...very versital the aerfork can Moto or woods it..
    robertaccio and Norman Foley like this.
  18. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    14/250 going to a 300 kit, stuff all extra vibes
    still rev it like the 250
    had to get the powerparts pipe on the 300 to get a little overrev simalar to the 250
    best thing about the 300 over the 250 is it torques up and grabs traction better quicker as power is smoother, not so much of a gap between out of band power compare to the 250.

250/ 300 both are good