1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2019 Wp Xplor 48 Fork Oil/air Chamber Height

Discussion in '2st' started by Red Lightning, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Red Lightning Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR 125
    Hello All, first post here so bare with me:
    I've had my 2019 TE 150 for a while now and I've got 82 hours on it. I just put new oil in both forks (I know, I waited wayyyyy too long) and I saw on a video from Tokyo Offroad
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdWAN_Vi2ZA where he uses an oil level gap tool at the end to get the exact level. So I bought one. Well, I found out there is no air gap spec in my manual, in the video he measured it at 110mm, I tried that and sucked out a ton, way too much, so I put it back in the fork. The thing is that they made minor changes to the 2019 forks, they take more oil for example. I measured the amount of oil correctly. So I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a spec for the air gap on the 2019 WP Xplor forks? Or should I just stick with the measurement of oil and call it a day? Thanks in advance.
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Measuring the airgap with the tool is quite simple as it's basically a steel tube with mm integers that is slotted through a round disc with a hose and syringed attached - the racetech tool is a lot easier but same concept.
    You set the rod height, say 110mm under the disc, place into the fork tube and then pull the syringe until it stops sucking fluid...that is 110mm air gap.
    The KTM/Husky manual will give you the amount of oil to pour into the tubes which is around 642 +/- 10ml.\
    Just make sure you have completely bleed the fork of any air, don't add the spring, before you adjust the air gap.

Modern tuners either work with fork oil height/volume as they know how much air gap is left over but the manual will just give you their standard fork oil volume...more oil volume the less air gap and vice versa..one in the same really as a high fork oil volume/less air gap can make the front feel much firmer to harsh and the opposite with less oil/more air gap.