2018 TC 125 jetting.???

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by dirt addict, Jun 2, 2018.

1. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    Hi, does anyone have a solid fix for the "blubbering" just above idle, to maybe 1/3 throttle? Per some mag I went down to a 32 pj. It helped, but like a bandaid helps a scraped knee.
    Do I need to get a V force 4 or do the slide mod or check float height or?????
    I bought the bike yesterday, rode it today and had a blast! Gotta keep the rpms up, and momentum is your friend. But enough power to haul my middle aged butt over every jump.....
    The suspension and handling are top shelf. I'm really impressed with it. I just came off a 2016 150sx. The 125 has a little less, especially down low, but will hold its own...
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Have you tried a leaner slide?
  3. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    No I haven’t. Is that a fix you’ve used?
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You asked so I will tell you what I did I have a 2017 TC 125 when I purchased the bike I spend 2 days trying to make the stock carb work

Then I had Ty Davis Zip Ty Racing order me a new Keihen carb from JD Jett It comes with the JD jet Kit Ty and I installed the carb along with a Vforce 4 and started the bike
    Bike ran perfect and runs perfect ever where I race the National Hare and Hounds Which so far have been down in El Centro Cal which is under sea Level to Luceren Cal about 3,500 Feet Plus cherry Creek Utha which took us up around 7,000 feet. I have not touched the carb and the bike still runs perfect.
    I have also done some king of the Moto riding in Johnson valley with it.
    I have a few videos posted on this sight from the Nationals on this bike and you can watch and hear the motor from lugging down low to tapped out
    No other mods other then race gas and the bike runs perfect every where
    so call zip Ty 760 244 7028 order the carb and go ride it

I also ride a TE 300 and the TC 125 will hold its own against the 300
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/video-national-h-h-rd-2-el-centro-ca.88492/

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/nhha-rd-4-utah-2018.88708/
    robertaccio and dirt addict like this.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, I have on bikes in the past. I have also had bikes that had to go a richer slide. So, say you have a #4 slide stock. if you wanted it to be more crisp running right off of idle and get rid of blubbering, you would run a #5 slide, and that would let in slightly more air as the slide came up off of the idle position.
    dirt addict likes this.
  6. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    Im gong look in to the kehien carb. I have lots of jets for it.... amybe a vforce 4. But I can mess with the slide on this c 1st, to see if it improves anything...
    thanks for the replies.
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

With the Kehien you do not need lots of jets All you need to do is purchase it from Zip Ty Racing it will come pre jetted with the JD kit and you should never have to touch it At least my 125 runs perfect EVER where
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I think you should save your money and notch the slide, seems people are having good results doing so.
    http://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?539335-FREE-Mod-to-do-to-your-Carb-s-Slide-for-better-running
    dirt addict likes this.
  9. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    I notched the slide on my te250. It did improve it, along with the vforce. But it never ran like a kehien...
  10. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    Order a head insert from RK Tek. Once the head is fixed, jetting is simple. The stock head is VERY in efficient and causes most of the jetting issues on the new small bore 2 strokes
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Old Thread But my TC now has a year of racing from wide open desert to King of the moto stuff and it still works great every where. Plus zero carb adjustment.
  12. Proper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 FE350
    Ballpark $$ for this remedy?
  13. Proper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 FE350
    By "slide", do you mean the clip position? I'm running rich down and boggy down low and looking to crisp it up.
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    No. I am talking about the throttle slide assembly, itself. The higher the number, the larger the cutaway, and the leaner it is.
  15. Proper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 FE350
    So this is a replacement slide? As in, remove the current part and replace it? I'm slow on the uptake as this carb work is new to me. I don't see anything about this in the repair manual, though I may have missed it. Are these aftermarket parts?
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    They are genuine Mikuni parts that are specific to the Mikuni carburetor size and type. Not sure where you can get one. I got mine in a jetting kit that i bought from:https://jdjetting.com/
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    What John Said. If you want plug and play.