2018 MX outdoor season, HUGE???

Discussion in 'Racing' started by covi, May 12, 2018.

1. covi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    350 FX
    Well, thought I get something started on the outdoors since we had one on SX.

I’ll start it off by saying super bummed to hear about the #15. Bad luck I suppose. We’ll see if he can secure a ride with husky when he recovers.

I think Tomac will take it. If Baggett stays healthy he may give him a run. MM will of course podium and win a few but not the title. Barcia, will start strong but ultimately be a 5-10 place guy. Anderson, will be fast past I don’t think this is his year for a MX title. It’ll be nice to see Kenny back. As well as Grant. As far as Bogle (never cared for him) so he should retire. Lol.
    gots_a_sol likes this.
  2. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I too am looking forward to the outdoors. As history has shown injuries play a primary role loosing the championship. I predict the champion this year will be the guy who goes the fastest while crashing the least. :D
    steadydirt, 2premo and covi like this.
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    the old saying is "to finish first, first you have to finish"
    so consistency is also important, that said yes Eli is fast, but his ego might get the better of him because of it
    Marvin is a good rider but technical is different than outdoor speed
    looking to see how Webb does outdoors this year
    Jason will do fine probably unless he "sends it" will settle for 3rd this season
    Bagged does well outdoors, but his hand is a mess
    if Ken can stay on the wheels all season he will be Eli's problem, that said the stupidity of over inflated egos will vex one or both
  4. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So true. Its my feeling that consistency is what enabled Anderson to take the SX championship. If Eli or Roczen could have refrained from being injured during the season I think the overall win would have been someone different. Riders like Dungey have shown that having a cool head is critical in obtaining consistency. Jason put in a great performance most of the SX season, he did have a few hiccups along the way. He certainly learned the value of keeping a cool head, we'll see if he can master it.
    2premo likes this.
  5. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I haven't read any recent reports on Kens recovery but my experience with injury tells me Ken may be dealing with nerve issues for another year. Consistency may not be possible for him yet.
  6. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Eli should take the title.....but he has focus issues at times (like washing the front wheel while leading etc..). Marvin will be there in the mix. Anderson learned a lot during his SX championship. He should be battling with Eli for the title. Baggett will be tough but not win it all. Hard to think Rocsen will be ready to win it, after all he's been through. Hope Anderson can keep rollin'.
    2premo likes this.
  7. covi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    350 FX
    Drum roll please........ who will be tickles replacement?
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    KTM Cairoli- ......so Herlings can assume the KTM MXGP kings throne. Nothing like spreading news of the world internet dogma
  9. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    How good would that be! Has a replacement for Wilson surfaced yet? Could be scope for a euro rider there. Or CR22, if he can bring his forks with him.
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mike LaRocco.......
    oldbikedude likes this.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    MM has some debts to pay after being the take out king for the SX season. If he's smart he'll stay away from those who hold IOUs.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Round 1- Villopoto will be racing there for sure. At Hangtown, yes he will. Even David Pingree will be there racing. Add KTM test pilot Mike Sleeter as well.
    gots_a_sol likes this.
  13. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Haha...the 125 races should be great.
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Brian Swink will not be there though. RIP
    NCSteve and covi like this.
  15. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    I go every year and was really looking forward to this year
    broken ankle is not healing well and that is not a place to be on crutches
    man it bites not being there, the sound, the smell, the energy
    and getting to cheer your favorites on, yay Zack IMG_9675.JPG
    steadydirt, NCSteve and oldbikedude like this.
  16. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    good ride for Zach. Eli was from another world. Anderson sorted melted- sx hangover maybe.
    covi likes this.
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Man, I love the outdoor races. Zacho looks like he owns the 250 class and is on his way to making history: 4 championships in 2 years!
    I agree, ET is an alien. Would love to see him and Herlings tangle, both on a good day. Glad to see JB51 in the mix, figured MM would be there.
    JA def looked like he was still reeling from the SX season. Good to see him take the lead and run out front for a little while though.
    :cheers:
    covi, gaz and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  18. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Didn't get to see moto 1 but 2 was pretty good. Enjoyed seeing so many different riders in the lead at one time or another. Nicolette got the holeshot and is passed by Barcia who is passed by Anderson who gets passed by Musquin who gets passed by ET who came from 17th to win. Good racing.
    covi and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  19. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Wow! This year's GH track was rough. The complainers were right, no need to make it even more difficult and dangerous with SX type airtime.
    Great racing though and great ride for JA in moto 2. Broke my heart to see him choke. Speculation that he smoked his clutch, but still waiting for the press conf to see if anything is said. ET is getting on my nerves, despise him now for taking the win from JA :mad: He's obviously the fastest, but winning every race is irritating and boring.
    I do think he was kind to KR94 in the first moto, let him lead for awhile and help get his mojo back.

AP23 looks really good and owned it today. ZO crashing in both motos was a big surprise. Great to see BigAl lead some laps, I always root for him for some reason. A couple of really good rookies in the 250 class too. Very competitive class again this year, great racing :cheers:
    Trenchcoat85, gaz, covi and 1 other person like this.
  20. covi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    350 FX
    NCSteve, well said.