1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2017 te250 powervalve screw

Discussion in '2st' started by Pedec, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Was trying to see how many turns power valve was set at on my 17 te250 and I could not get it to move. I know in manual it says not to adjust but on my 2012 250sx I always adjusted screw to changing condition and worked great one turn makes big difference. I even installed Kreff knob on it. Just wondering if they made it so a person can not adjust powervalve on new 17. Thanks for any help.
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Power valve screw should move for sure. The one on my 15 300 was a little hard To turn but it should definitely move.
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    does it have two bolts at sides? - you need to loosen those first
  4. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 1190, 2009 300xc FOR SALE
    For sure loosen the two little 5mm headed bolts. I know you're supposed to be able to turn it without loosening those bolts, but I never turn it while they're tight.
  5. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok I did loosen bolts made no difference (like it had lock tight on it) but did get it to move and was set at 21/2 turns which seems about right with yellow spring. The little I rode it 1/2 hour on gravel rode seem to have very easy if no hit just smooth power so leave alone but know I can go to 3/12 for less hit and slick conditions and 11/2 turns for more hit for sand conditions. Should have tried more before posting. After moving seems a little looser but still not like sx. Can hear springs inside case when I move it ratting or turning. Sx does not have that sound. Maybe on TE they run a stiffer secondary spring which make it tighter and less hit no matter how you set it
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    red spring @ 2 1/2 turns in works for mine . Doesnt have too much hit . I like to feel something change . Never tried yellow
  7. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    If it still feels funny, lay the bike on its left side (so you don't have to deal with the oil coming out) and just remove it all the way like you were going to change the spring. It will give you a chance to;
    A) Verify for sure what spring is in there.
    B) Verify why its turning hard.
    C) Verify IF the factory set the pieces in the notch correctly or if something is in a bind.

Take it apart bro, you'll sleep better knowing.
  8. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have taken it apart a few times and everything looks the same as my 2012 250sx actually. Can not find out why it turns harder. Does seem like there is more spring pressure.
  9. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I hear ya brother. Not nowing the full extent of the resistance we are talking about makes it difficult to compare. I will say that my 2013 300xcw was waaaaaaay harder to turn than the 4 previous ktms with the same dolly adjuster. Maybe the difference of when the parts got machined in the service "duty cycle life" of the milling/tap/die machine at the factory?!
    John Bunker likes this.
  10. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It took a key stock the proper size about 1 foot long with a 12 inch crescent wrench. Quit a couple times thinking there is no way it should not take this much. It is looser now after moving it the first time. Took apart to make sure I did not strip something and seems ok.
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Use white lithium grease on internal parts. Especially in great white north.

Mine was toughy too! It loosened up then.