2015 Yamaha WR250F

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Dangermouse449, May 6, 2014.

1. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    One of our local bike mags is claiming a 'scoop' running this cover title on a new WR250F for 2015.

The bike in the photo is a 2014 YZF250 with lights, but they're claiming Yamaha will build them.
    Lots of people have been wondering when they'd bring the WRs & YZs into line model wise.
    (Secretly me too, I have a soft spot for the blue bikes)

While I'm sure, if they build them, the 250 will be a good thing, I for one want to see the 450 with the mass centralization of the YZs.
    That would be a sweet competitor for the blue/yellow/white KTMs.
    IMG_20140507_083745_076.jpg
    Boogie and LandofMotards like this.
  2. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Saw that. Interesting.

Add at least another 50cc and I'll be even more interested.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes please. I have been drooling over the new YZF250 since it came out. I dont know why but I want one.
    Dangermouse449 and LandofMotards like this.
  4. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    A little off topic, but, since we’re talking Yamaha on a Husky forum…
    I let a die-hard yamaha fan ride the remapped mod exhaust TE250r and he was faster on it than his own wr450f through the tight stuff
    He told his teenage son to go buy one and even considering one for his wife (his second bike lol).
    Was good to see some love for the little Husky from a guy with multiple blue bikes :thumbsup:
    Norman Foley and Motosportz like this.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    If I were staying away from Euro brands it'd be a Yamaha without a doubt. Street or dirt I love them. When I was 18 I convinced a bunch of people to buy sport bikes and when it was my turn for my first new sportbike I bought a cbr600rr. Loved the bike until I rode my uncles 2003 R6. Handled way better. Only reason I didn't get one is because everyone I convinced to buy a bike I also convinced the R6 was the one to get. I didn't get it because everyone else had one...I was a stupid kid lol

I also had a 2003 YZ250f and a WR250X. Seems out of all the bikes I've owned or ridden, Yamahas at or near the top of the list. This new WR250F is nice but they'll de tune it I'm sure. The YZ250f is awesome, I need to find someone with one and swap bikes for a few :)
    Steve Kanya likes this.
  6. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I have 3 huskys and a WR250f...

I have a soft spot for that bike and it has been so reliable it really would be hard not to grab one if the price was right. But there are 2 things I don't like about the new ones, aluminum frame, and fuel injection. I hate the frames because of maintenance, they are just a bunch harder to work on compared to a good steel frame. Fuel injection scares me, my friends 2013 yz450 with the JD jetting FI tuner gets about 15mpg, and starts like crap. It runs fine when it is running but gets crap fuel mileage. My 125 should not get better mileage than a fuel injected bike.

Another friend has a 13 RMZ450 that gets killer mileage really really good like 40mpg or so. But that bike stalls if you look at it wrong. My 125 should not lug better that a fuel injected 450.

Yet another friend DNF'd a 4 hour race last week due to a fuel malfunction of some sort, he was in the overall lead. That was a 13WR450, fuel injected.

Later,
    Kevin_TE250 and LandofMotards like this.
  7. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Curious, why would your buddy put a JD tuner on a YZ450F. It is a tunable ecu from the factory, buy or borrow a plug in hand tuner and map away.

It's what I wish the TE449 had :(
    Some people don't like efi, that's cool.
    For me, I like it if you can tune as an end user. All the current Yamis use the same Yamaha power tuner box.
  8. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Hit me with the 450 & lights!! :)
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    YZ's are too light in the flywheel for real trail work. The WRF's really are an excellent all round reliable and capable machine in either 250 or 450 form. Like them to do the decentalization bit. The rest ids pretty darn good. A 350 would be nice too.
  10. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The current WRs are fat.
    The 250 hasn't changed in 7 years...
    The standard 450 rides the same as my old one did, the reason I bought the TE449.

If they do what they hope in the article, bigger flywheel, wide ratio gear set(that's where WR comes from) & soften up the spring rates on the YZs they will be great.
    Having the power tuner for the ecu stops all the problems with poor efi tuning as well :)
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I rode Yamaha before making the switch to Husky. I had a YZF250 I rode in the woods and loved it. Did not handle as good as a husky but was a great bike and the motor was perfect for me.

20 inch front wheel, real early recluse, fork sub chambers, offset triples, was a fun bike and ripped in the woods. Motor was 100% stock other then a JD kit and sparky endcap.

[IMG]
  12. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    I wish yamaha would cut some fat off their Raptor 700 motor, stuff it into a 450 chassis and plate it :cool:
    firecrackerkid and CrankN like this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

your wish has already been granted...

[IMG]
  14. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

Agree. They are not just fat - they are the most top heavy bikes I have ever ridden. I liked the motor better ont he WR250 as oppsoed to the CRF250X (which I owned for years) but the two felt totally different in the woods. The CRF felt like a 125 and the WR felt like a KLR.

I almost bought a new WR450 (redesign was 2012ish) but glad I went Husky. I got some ride time on one and while the EFI fixed some bugs, and it felt a bit more narrow and modern, they still are super top heavy. Once you get 25-30 dgrees off center, that sucker is coming down.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  15. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

What is that? I thought the Tenere was a full on liter bike that weighed like 600 pounds? The one I flung my legaround was about as offroad capable as a Goldwing. Seriously.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

700 Tenere I don't think we get it here in the US.
  17. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    Umm yeahhhhh, I was thinking more Husky motocross chassis/look with the 686cc FI single.....maybe under a zillion pounds?

In the 7 years that I have flogged my bone stock Raptor and put a ton of desert miles on it, I think I have changed the oil 3 times (air filter more) and touched nothing else. Starts first button push everytime, never had a flame out, have towed a dune buggy back to camp with it and can out hillclimb/race any stock quad and even some modded ones. Only needs better suspension. I will only sell it when the motor gives up which, I'm guessing is never:thumbsup:
  18. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Same for me. Rode em, bought the Husky
  19. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Quite a few NW guys ride woods setup yz250f's. I have a buddy with one and I've ridden it several times. Very fun bike in the woods. I'd own one for sure, but with Gasgas and the husky red heads that might be a perfect match. Time will tell.
  20. Muchmore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1600GTL
    To each his own but man that is one the homeliest bikes ever made. I thought our version of the Tenere was b-a-a-a-a-d.....