2015 North East Husky Gathering

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Norman Foley, Feb 9, 2015.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Richie Tires is in!
    Joe Chod and Norman Foley like this.
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Rich
    we actually have some tire to raffle this year....YIKES!
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK 9th Annual North Eat Husky Gathering info.

When: 9-11 October 2015. Friday is a get there/settle in/relax day. Not much riding.

Where: 2754 South Cortland Virgil Rd. 13045-8988. This is the Logan Farm proper, on the east side of the road. The farm road up to event location, is on west side about a tenth of a mile south. It will be arrowed and ribboned. We will have plenty of arrows up as you get close and also we will have signs in braille for some of us real old guys

Who: Any Husky and buddies on non husky are ok as long as there is a husky "sponsor" so to speak. We love our Huskys but it is all about the fun. All years vintage is ok too (in honor of the firece competition given to Husqvarna during the "glory Years" that are soon coming back

Cost: "Husqvarna-care" is in effect. What is "Husqvarna-care"? Registration goes back to 2007 inaugural fee of $40!

What: As usuual, all about the fun. There is open riding and we may do some skill tests with awards/prizes. This year North East Huskys will be sponsoring its 2nd AHRMA MX/CC race the same weekend. The vintage XC race is Saturday morning and we will have a special “Non AHRMA Husky class” for those that want to race in it. Those that just want to trail ride can as well. Same on Sunday for MX (more race details at the event)
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So come and see Huskys of all ages and Countries Of Origin and some cool vintage bikes of all brands. Bring your own food and drinks. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Grocery and other amenities, are just 3 miles down the road. Primitive camping and we'll have a group fire pit.

We got a tractor and brushog and saws and other tools of death that "greenies" hate and brought the old .8 mile long natural MX track back to life! All natural with alot of off camber to keep your right wrist focused. Nice and flowing with some up and down hill and some epic sweepers that will leave you giggling your ass off pinning it and sweeping like a pro.

There is a woods loop too. about 5 miles and becaue MX helps you go faster the mx part is included halfway though the loop. All arrowed and ribboned and as usual, top shelf.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  5. motojason Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1987 430 CR, 83 250 CR, 82 430 XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX500, KX250, KX125, FE570, TMEN 300
    Cheers Joe! Thanks to all of those who helped organize and prep the courses for the event. Looking forward to it. Bringing 83/84 Husky CR & WR 250s for sure, and maybe my 75 KX125 for Sunday... BBRRRAAAAPPPP!
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just a teaser......
    Here is the plaque for awards use for the vintage and PV AHRMA race. there will also be some awards for non AHRMA husky gathering class attendees. Both in XC and MX.

C'Mon out and "Get Some"!
    [IMG]
    Norman Foley and LandofMotards like this.
  7. motojason Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That is SAHWEEEEET!!!
  8. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha
    Looking forward yo this event.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2 Weeks to showtime!
    Norm and I will be putting the final touches on the 4+ mile XC course (and fun loop during non vintage race time)

Those that have ridden it know how nice it is.
    MX course is part of the loop but a vintage friendly MX course. no crazy modern stuff on it.

This will be a melding of AHRMA vintage racers and Husky Gathering enthusiasts. Many Husky guys in the AHRMA Vintage crowd too.

Nice open field for parking. fire pit for evening bench racing. gonna try to get screen and DVD for some added amusement after dusk.

As far as there being co-run with a race the same wekend......no worries. You DO NOT need any AMA, AHRMA, AARP, Social Security, Starbucks frequent buyer, or any other "cards" to attend. If you are wanting your AHRMA event/series points then yes you need AHRMA membership.

We will have special vintage husky classes as well as a special modern class (any brand) So far for sure for the XC race. Your entry to Husky gathering covers your entry into the XC race (should you chose). Just please ensure you see myself or Norm for sign up and you sign up at Husky gathering sign up and not the AHRMA sign up.

See posts #43 and #44 for event details.

Registration goes back to 2007 inaugural fee of $40! Plus $5 parking per vehicle (18 wheeler to kiddie car...all same....this is for the gracious land owner)

We may have some former and current ISDE vets show as well. How often do you get a chance to bang bars with that?

Our own resident photographer will be on hand to make you look famous (or infamous).

Good time to be had. Do not miss it. Also get a chance to see some sweet vintage iron in action.

Lets hear it on who's going.

Joe
    LandofMotards likes this.
  10. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Count me and my 74 Mag. In ! I'll be there with bells on.....really looking forward to it....

Slo
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norm and I were working the course today with more tommorow. It is looking good. very dry. Yes...I am actually hoping for a little rain before the event. Going to be a good one. How many going to sign up for the XC race and some MX too?
    Norman Foley likes this.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Course is looking AWSOME!
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    As Joe said.... Awesome!
    The XC course incorporates the grass track MX course and is very FFF (Fast, Flowing, Friendly). It's about 4.5 miles and no tears will be shed on it, it's just fun. For Sunday's MX races, there will be a bypass of the MX track, so people can keep trail riding. If I have time, I may put together a small more challenging section, off in a piece of woods not in the loop. No promises though. We made some changes to the MX track this year, to deal with non woods riders feelings of claustrophobia. It's a hoot to ride now, with a nice little uphill! Don't miss this party!:oldman:
  14. motojason Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am in for both XC and MX. Did some work on the WR this past weekend, getting ready for some fun!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    At this time the Binghamton National Weather Service is saying, that the tropical storm coming up the coast will not impact Central NY. There will be no dust, but we aren't going to be a washout! I'll keep everyone posted on updates.
  16. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wait...what ? Isn't the husky east gathering the 9 th and 20 th ? Next weekend vs this weekend ? Help , confuse, Norm
  17. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    What I believe Norm is trying to say is this weekend's storm will NOT impact next weekend gathering, by bring down trees & impacting it somewhat with heavy rain.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's exactly what I'm saying....
  19. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    That's exactly what I'm saying.... I got your back Brother :D
    Norman Foley likes this.
  20. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

all good....they are called dirt bikes right? and mud is still dirt right? if big rigs have an issue, dismount close by and ride bikes in. too easy and enough hospitality ther to keep all happy.
    I have a cunning plan (as Baldrick says)