2014 TXC 310R..The Complete Story. Facts. Figures.Recomendations

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Powellyte450, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR 250 R, LTZ 400, Truimph Bonie.
    How do I delete this link its in the wrong place ?
    Sorry
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    My quick tech word.
    2013 TXC310R is the same so you can have inputs from us (former) owners as well.
    Mine (2013 model) was set up for racing from day one. All mods done with bullet proofing in mind. 1st priority suspension done for my weight and demands This one done by ZipTy racing.

Absolutely loved this machine but as usual for the little X-Lites there were issues, fact is these are delicate for my thrashing.

Clutch basket dampers failed very fast, ZipTy had/has remolded in a tougher more heat resistant material. The clutch gets grabby and does not engage smoothly and has lots of play in the basket when this occurs.

These engines are hot running and need frequent oil changes (low volume of oil racing engine), they like low viscosity oils of very quality Synth (Formula 1 based racing engine) 0w40 5w40 etc choose your brand ZipTy uses Torco, I used Motul.Motorex and Maxima depending on my mood.

The closed loop oil return system is logical and compliant but is risky do to the hoses that run to bottom of the engine. ZipTy makes the kit to re route the system. The crankcase breather closed loop goes into the intake, I eliminated this for a more clean air intake , this is up to you, its not 100% needed. I just like my machines stripped down to minimum, as race bikes.

A TM designs chain guide (or other brand) is good choice, but the OEM one is good as well.

Be sure to adjust chain to allow for swingarm movement, I like them more to the loose side, I say this because many of the TE and TXC Ive seen the chains are way too tight by their owner and are in the pull tight when suspension is compressed configuration, allow for full suspension movement with no binding..
    Powellyte450 likes this.
  3. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR 250 R, LTZ 400, Truimph Bonie.
    Awesome man exactly what I was looking for thanks but I think I was deleting this link at he same time as you replied. I've got it in the wrong place as Main.
    Did you get what I thought was a PM ? re Exhaust ?
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes mine had the full FMF powerbomb system, but right now I believe ZipTy has at least 1 used FMF muffler to slip on, you can lose some important weight (far away from CG and high and back), the OEM header is high quality so a slipon my suit you.

The ECU is tunable its a race closed course model. We did a few adjustments to smooth it out (mostly added fuel in the lean zones).

If I had to do it again I would install as many fuel filters as possible (ZipTy external and in the tank models) , I had injector clog pop stalling and hard starting a couple of times in my life with the machine, frustratingly at the worst time during a race. Spray pattern was analyzed and injector cleaned to brand new and she was back on track.

ZipTy has a clutch bushing chamfer mod that's a good one to do as well. My bushing seized at the start of race and I DNFd after only a half mile. The oil flow into the basket bushing is lacking. the end chamfer keep a wall of oil held to enter the bushing oil channel. known oil problem with all the pro guys, not too much said in the ammie network.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    install a Li xxx battery choose your brand EarthX, Ballistic etc etc WPS etc etc CV4 etc etc lose weight up high makes a feelable difference in fast transitions side to side. a freakin up to 4lb loss from the lead acid boat anchor.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    stick with stock gear set (13/50 if I remember correctly) and try to run your rear axle as far back as possible, this chassis loves it, coming into corners the thing feels way better in the transition from gas to no gas and onto the brakes. It smooths out the feel when diving in , with better weight transfer balance.
  7. Dave Carrier Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Hey Husq fans ! I just bought a 2013 TXC310 and its mint. I have suddenly had friends tell me to get rid of the bike asap as there were issues with that year and you'll never get parts for it, etc.
    Can anyone shed some light on whether I made a mistake ?
    Thanks,
    (Happy with his Husq) ... Dave
  8. Dave Carrier Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Bike Pic.jpg Heres my 2013 310 !
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i