2014 Husqvarna Terra 650 Ews / Kill Switch

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Miroslav, May 22, 2022.

1. Miroslav Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE-310
    I am sorry my friends. I was not checking on this for several months, and I did not think of the fact that someone else might have use of this. I opened the ECU, not really meant to be open, did a good amount of surgery on it to get to the ground pin that burned and soldered it. It semi-worked for a little while, and then it didn't. So, that was the fix, not very exciting, as it didn't provide a real solution. In the meantime I talked to a dealership, who was generous to order a replacement ECU (US$1359.44), from Husqvarna > KTM > BMW > Germany > Italy > Magneti Marelli >. Two months later, a week ago, the new flashed, programed to my bike VIN came in, to upstate NY. I installed it, no EWS code, but, (there is always that but), engine light is on. I checked with my GS-911 code reader, which showed two fault codes, shown below. The first one, I would think is not serious and hope to be able to fix. The second one, I am concerned with, as it seems that, maybe, ECU does not have the millage information from my bike, and if that is important, I am not sure how I could fix that. Can't change the millage on the bike, and can't reprogram the ECU???? That's where I am now. Again, if anyone has a suggestion, please.
    Fault Code Value
    10130(0x2792)
    Fault Code Meaning
    Side stand switch - voltage too high

Fault Code Value
    Fault Code Meaning
    Odometer Compare Failure.
  2. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    [quote="Miroslav, post: 672013, member: 62279"Can't change the millage on the bike, and can't reprogram the ECU???? That's where I am now. Again, if anyone has a suggestion, please.

Fault Code Value
    10130(0x2792)

Fault Code Meaning
    Side stand switch - voltage too high

Fault Code Value

Fault Code Meaning
    Odometer Compare Failure.[/quote]

The BMW Dealer System has a routine to match the ODO values so find a cooperative dealer, Husky/BMW should have done that for you