1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 te511 suspension anomaly

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Shawntrain, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Just wondering if anyone else's has both fork top caps with adjusters on them. Not labled of course
    I think the right is rebound & left is compression just from fooling around with them.

Attached Files:

2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    you might be talking about the bleeders (for burping air) maybe?

Rebound is on the top, compression adjustment is on the bottom (below the axle) for TEs.

511 fork man pg.jpg
  3. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    I replaced both bleeders with the motion pro quick bleeders so it's not them. Neither of the forks have any adjustments on the bottom of the forks, and both fork caps look like the ones in the attachment you posted.
    I think I may have gotten the left fork of a TC & the right fork of a TE?
    I've only recently wanted to soften the compression ( which I would assume is the left fork ) so was looking at the service manual & noticed my forks are not the same as the manual.
    Oh well, not a big deal if I can soften the compression, I keep getting bounced/ricocheted of rocks.
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    take the rubber plugs off the bottom of your forks to get to the compression adjusters.

AFAIK all of these husky Kayabas (whether open or closed chamber) have adjusters at both ends. my '14 310r did have slightly different bottom adjusters than indicated by the manual, however.

if there really is a problem, take a couple of detailed images and post 'em.

good luck.
  5. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Finally - figured this out (only took 4 years) man what a difference 4 clicks make. I'm no longer paralyzed with fear when I see a baby's head rock in the trail.
    Thanks for the help:-)
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.