1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE310R stock exhaust - Leo Vince?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Burgo, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Burgo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 Honda XR250
    Hi all,

Has anyone been able to find parts to repair stock Silencer on the 2013 TE310R (Husqvarna Part number - 8538529) pretty sure this is a Leo Vince unit?

I have put a couple of decent dents in mine and was considering.....

1. Getting an FMF Powercore 4 HEX Slip-On Exhaust and fitting it to my bike, then

2. Dismantling the stock unit and dressing out the depressions in the sleeve, then rebuilding with an X3 rivet and band kit or similar.

Or even getting a new sleeve for it?

I can find stuff on the net saying that the 2012 TE got a LV exhaust system, (& the 14 it's listed as an upgrade) but info on the 13 exhaust is sketchy, even from LV itself

Anyone got into on Husky part 8538529 the LV silencer?

Thanks in advance!
  2. 310 newb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr900rr
    I'd be interested in any answers here myself. The can on my '13 te looks fine, but thinking about opening it up for a look (seems to be a perforated baffle plate half way up? Possibly remove this?) and repacking with acoustafil (used this to great success on my road bike), experiment with the supplied baffle tube, spark arrestor or maybe just make up a slight restrictor necking down 5 or 10mm trying to chase that magic sound.
    Was looking at getting and FMF can but cant justify the price since its not that neccessary.
    Burgo likes this.
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    The '13 and '14 should be the same. I would imagine the '12 would be also. It is a Leo Vince. I know some have cut away a bit of the insides but most report limited gains and limited gains with an aftermarket pipe. I considered it but it performs and sounds great and even though I have a pcv and autotune never felt it was worth bothering.
    310 newb and Burgo like this.
  4. Burgo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 Honda XR250
    Hey 310,
    The first thing I did to my L.V silencer was remove the D.B Killer. It's the little fitment at the end of the exhaust that reduces the diameter of the outlet to about 25mm
    Remove the single allen screw from the bottom, grab the end of the db killer with some needle nose pliers and give it a good pull. Should come right out.
    Makes the outlet of the exhaust about 45-50mm and makes the bike go BRAAAAAAP! haha!
    Give's it heaps better pull off the bottom too and just breathes a whole lot better.
    Mine has also had the O2 sensor removed (and the hole about halfway along the header pipe plugged) and was probably re-mapped by the original owner, but my next trip to R&D Husky in Sydney will confirm all of that.
    310 newb likes this.
  5. 310 newb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr900rr
    Cheers Burj. Yeah when i bought the bike it had the mesh spark arrestor fitted. Went well on the test ride bit it was completely gunked up with soot. 1st thing i did was remove that (and clean it) and fit the baffle tube which came in the box of stuff the dealer stripped off the bike from new. O2 and all breathing and power ups were done at the same time i believe. I wasnt sure about running the open can, was playing around with the two fittings and open can the other day and it does sound magic open - but pretty loud! Havnt ridden it like that yet though - for some reason i was under the impression that these things liked a bit of back pressure for torque, but will run it open next time now to see what its like.
    I had the baffle tube in it on the one ride i went on - zero probs with torque and power. Every time i thought i was lugging it up the steep and technicals i was always able to twist more power on.
    On the open stuff and dirt roads between trails i was able to spin the wheel through all gears including top! Very impressed with it.
    Burgo likes this.
  6. Burgo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 Honda XR250
    Yep, I'm enjoying my 310 too. I keep thinking about new Husky/KTM, but with my girl's suspension set up for me know and low km's I just cant seem to let her go. :thumbsup:
    I'm certainly no expert, but my bike seems to run lot's better with the DB Killer removed. I rode it for a few months with it in and it was good, but I found that as soon as I removed it the bike just chugged up hills easier and the torque was more accessible at lower revs. Whereas before I was prone to stalling in those moments (no doubt 10% bike, 90% rider error :D) or having to keep the revs up higher, now it just blurrrrrp's up and away.
    Be interesting to hear if you experience the same.