1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE310R Powercommander V Help

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by wags, Feb 25, 2016.

1. wags Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te310r
    Got everything up and running.
    Cutting off the PCV plug and splicing in wires
    was a little nerve wrecking but all went well, put it all back together
    hit the button and fired right up.
    Did a small test ride and it felt good using your sea level.
    Does any one have the Husqvarna factory team race maps that Zip -ty preloads?
    Thanks again for all your help.

Johnrg likes this.
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Those maps were possibly tweaks of my maps since this work was way after they stopped running the red bikes/black heads and began racing the KTM based bikes. Tinken said he made some tweaks though I never saw the changed maps. I think above 15% throttle you could easily adjust a few cells to add a percentage increase in fuel if desired to test. Adding below may increase popping on decel. and potential for stalls. Glad it is working for you. Save your notes and take some photos if you can or have to assist anyone else who may want to go the same route, installing this specific PCV on the '13/'14 310.
  3. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    I can get that map for you, but as JOHN mentioned, it is just a slightly modified version of his map and Zipty adds the use of the accelerator pump tool. Ill get you the setting for that as well, but my experiance wiht this was less than ideal. I was not a fan of the zipty map.

I highly reccomend the autotune, it wasnt until i added auto tune that i was happy wiht the results of the PCV.

I will get the map and setting info in the next day or 2. Really busy right now getting everything ready for an expected child.
  4. wags Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te310r
    Got some ride time in and a big difference.
    No more stalling and more bottom, using you sea level map.
    Thank again for all you help!
    Johnrg likes this.
  5. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Excellent news. Glad to have helped :thumbsup:
  6. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    ZIPTY MAP ATTACHED

only other thing they do is enable the accelerator pump tool.

ILL DOUBBLE CHECK SETTINGS NEXT WEEK, BUT IT I THINK THEY SET IT TO 5% FUEL AT 2% THROTTLE Over 30 revs.

Attached Files:

7. wags Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te310r
    Got some miles put on it and theres is a big power difference.
    No more stalling, popping and pulls much much harder.
    I find my self riding a gear higher through the woods.
    Thanks again for all your help
    Johnrg likes this.
  8. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2X TE310R 13' - WR300 10'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF 300 Factory CHracing
    I have to thank another time to the CH community, without this tread I would have not be able to install the power commander and have my 310 run nothing that perfect.
    Because of my "ignorance" with EFI bikes in the effort to make the bike to start I moved the TPS without marking the factory TPS position so later, after the rebuild, I left it to the fully anticlockwise position with the idea that more fat mapping at idle with everithing new should have been better than more lean. This decison backfired on me on the first real ride...the bike had very erratic idle, even with the idle screw fully opened (54 clicks if I remember well), and was stalling at every stop with the addition that she was so fat that was struggling to restart with the e-starter and absolutely impossibile to restart with kick starter.
    Since I did not have the possibility to attach the bike to the HST easily and since GET no longer produces CDI for older keihin EFIs and that the EVO1 kit with GET cdi ncluded in no longer avaliable, I decided to buy a PCV so as to be able to reset the tps to the value as close as possible to the factory setting and also to have the other benefits the PCV gives (refined map, tuning possbility ecc..ecc).
    With the PCV installed I was able reset the TPS to 0,598, its a pia to set becuse when thightening the torx bolt you always gain or loose 0,10-20-30 mV, did the TPS reset on the PCV and from that moment the bike runs nothing than perfect: idle screw at 38 clicks, really strong idle between 2150 and 2120 rpm, start immediatly with e-starter and at the second kick when hot. Now she is a ripper, very strong but smooth power everywere and faster than I tought
    Now I'm running the Zipty map that matthew525 shared, PCV was for a TC250 and the map was way different from Tinken rocket and Johnrg sea level, but I've recently added a DIY map switch to run as second map the sea level map that I made by copying the values by the screenshots Johnrg shared years ago...I've not tried yet the sea level map because after installing the map switch in the occasion of valves clearence check the 310 is without front end for upgrades. I used the instructions given on this tread to wire the PCV to TE or TXC harness and I've taken pics that I will share here to ease the work of installing if anyone needs this in the future
  9. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great news! Glad you got it figured out. The PCV really gets the bike dialed in.
    Giack Husky310R likes this.
  10. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    Hi I greatfull If you make some picture ( installing etc ) because I thinging to but this also in my bike tell please how to do this and how ist selling power commander thank you
  11. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Definitely, with the PCV the 310 runs like a charm and pulls really strong. I swear but she is faster than my husaberg and also a nicer ride...in fact the Husaberg is now for sale.
    I still have to try your map without the accelerator pump becuase I figured out later that if I maintain the acc. pump feature on a map the PCV leaves it on also on the second map, but as soon as the bike is back togheter again I'll give It a try. Thanks again John for sharing your map and your experience!!
  12. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I make a little summary with things I've seen here on CH and others I saw myself:
    1) The Power Commander V that you have to buy for a TC 250 2012 or TE-TXC 250/310 2012 to 2014 is the PCV code 23-011 (that usually is listed for TC 250 2012)
    2) The connectors on this PCV are made tu suit directly a TC 250 and can lead to install misleadings. The TPS and Injector connectors are right and direct fit but the crank position sensor connector is different and can take to error because the TC crack posizion sensor is exactly the same of TE-TXC regulator-rectifier connettor. If you plug everithing just by looking at connector shapes and tipes the bike will not even start anymore.
    3) For the right fitting you have to cut the two white-brown stripes wires from the 4 port connector that looks like OEM TE-TXC reg/rectifier connecetor as exactly as shown in this thread and in my pic so on the PCV harness will remain only two (white/brown stripes) cables. Then you have two solder these remaining two wires from the PCV in parallel with the two wires (blue and white) coming from the bike stator. Since I don't like cut the wires and I'm not very good with soldering but expecially beacause my wiring harness was new and I don't want to ruin it by stripping wires and soldering them in parallel I made "a bridge" connection with two wires and two connectors in the exactly same way the pcv wires to the injector or to the tps connectors. I found that ktm 000700000EK spare connector (male) fits well in husqvarna crank postion female conncetor whereas 000700000EJ (female) is a little different and doesn't fit. I was lucky I still had the old wiring harness and made "the bridge" connection using the spare EK conncetor and the OEM crank position sensor female.
    In this pic is shown which wires has to be cut from PCV harness leaving it two free white/brown stripes wires without the two connectors
    20200717_224058.jpg
    In this picture is show the parallel conncetion with the bike harness (soldering is the same)
    20200717_224044.jpg
    In this picture the PCV routed and secured to the battery under the seat
    20200722_224939.jpg
    4) After installing you still have to load the map you want to ride-try and then start the bike, make sure everything works and do a tps reset on the PCV (yes in this bikes with keyless EFI you have to crank the throttle wide open with engine on)

P.S: I excuse for my really bad english, also for this bad description (hoping its not more confusing) and also for these only three pics that I found on my phone (I have to search better because I took more). I hope that this can be of help, If something isn't right or clear tell me that I'll try to be clearer
    Johnrg likes this.
  13. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    I m back off not geting a power commander I will rather by a Akrapovice full system if i find one Thank you for posting the picture