1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE 310R wont' start

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MickWr, Jul 13, 2019.

1. MickWr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR SMS
    Hello Everyone, i bought a week ago a 2013 husky te 310 2013 that i can't get started...but let' s start from the beginning. When i got to the dealer's house i had the possibility to try the bike for a while in a cut wheat field and the bike runned great for 2 minutes then began to mutter and died... i tried to fire it back immediately (only kick start no e-starter) and she started but suddently died again. I bought the bike anyway, both because i like it and because of a big discount, but in a week of attempts i couldn't get it running again. Here's all the things I've checked in a week:
    - cleaned the bike to new, she was stored under an outdoor canopy for at least 2 years;
    - changed the spark plug with a CR9EIA and checked for spark, good and nice spark;
    - cleaned all connectors with contact cleaner;
    - replaced the fuel pump with compatible yamaha tmax 500 pump (the old one was already a replacement);
    - replaced the fuel injector with a original new one;
    I can kick the kick starter all the day without smelling any gas smell from the exhaust, i clearly hear the pump priming but non gas is sprayed from the injector, even with the new one. Today I've tried to kick the bike with the new injector out of the trottle body and not even a drop cames out of the injector (the old injector didn't spray and under pressure let out some drop of gas...the reason why i purchased a new one)... i also checked that current arrives to the injector connector and when why kick the bike i read 9-10-11 volts on the volmeter. After a lot of kicking the pressure accumulated behind the injector separetes the injector from its plastic body.
    Summing up the problem according to me is that the injector does not spray but I don't understand why.
    I apologize in advance for my English and for some confusion in the description of my problem, but i'm also a two stroke guy and this is my first four stroke and efi bike.
  2. Danihusq_ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 '94
    Hola. En una ocasión me sucedió lo siguiente:
    Con la moto en marcha a unos 50 kilómetros por hora, empezó de repente como a quedarse sin fuerza, como si no hubiera gasolina. A duras penas tenía fuerza y me costó llegar a casa, siempre a medio gas y sin poder dar acelerones. Finalmente, me armé de valor y comencé a desmontar el inyector. Gran sorpresa al encontrar en la rejilla de pulverización trozos de goma, procedentes de las juntas tóricas que hay en el interior del tubo que lleva la gasolina presurizada desde el tanque hasta el inyector.
    Mira a ver si a pesar de haber cambiado el inyector se ha podido quedar obstruido algo que impide el paso hacia el cilindro - pistón. Suerte!
  3. xlite250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Hello,

I have a couple of things to try.

1) Make sure the battery is charged - these require a strong electrical signal

2) like the above post, is to take the injector out, and with it hooked up to 12V source spray carb cleaner through it and make sure it sprays.

3) if that checks out to be ok, then maybe check your pressure regulator for the pump, or any leaks internally. for me I had a ruptured hose (from the discharge of the pump to the filter) inside the tank and was caused the bike to not start - look for swirling or something like that when the tank is only half full. as a side note make sure the hose is rated for inside the fuel tank - they are not all the same fuel hoses. do you know what I mean?

4) make sure you installed your fuel pump correctly and the wiring, then maybe change your Fuel Filter in the tank - I used a Ducati part, was bigger, flowed more, cheaper and easier to source, I will try and find the part number for you later when i get home.

5) and as a complete side note - do you still have the electric starter? I know a place that rebuilt my starter for a reasonable price and it works awesome - Ricks Motorsport Electrics in the USA.

Let me know how that goes.
  4. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2X TE310R 13' - WR300 10'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF 300 Factory CHracing
    Hello, now I'm writing with my new account (MickWr is my brother, no double account)
    Summing up, after many other tests (thanks xlite :thumbsup:) i decided to ship my CDI (a JD racing ingnition marked ktm sxf :doh: made in italy) to the manufacturer ad after a few weeks they told me that the CDI was fried and that it could be the cause of the trouble. They also suggested me to check the wiring harness because my CDI was the first fried cdi they have ever seen and according to them CDI's doesn't burn itself. Since I'm not very good with electricity i've already purchased a new wiring harness and, because I've found a very good deal, a new engine because mine will have yes or no 400+ hours with only oil changes e and didn't seem in good conditions. If someone is interested I'm selling a used 310R engine :D
    Now i'm going to have my frame sand blasted and then repainted so i'll have a brand new 310R (or very close to new)
    Thanks for the help guys :cheers: