2013 Dakar Rally

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Jan 2, 2013.

1. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Cool, and very impressive for a Dakar rookie. Stage was 640 km with a 218 km Special in the middle of it. Caselli's average speed for the special was 73mph! And that included stopping for Depres who was having mechanical problems! Holy crap that is fast!
    mnb likes this.
  2. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    Husky and BMW should be ashamed of them selves. Yamaha Honda and finally Husky all have good teams this year. Yet every day it seams that husky starts in the top 10 jumps out to an early lead and then end up with mechanicals and riders limping across the finish line. If they can't turn this around its going to be one horrible story for them that everyone on the world stage will remember! The tag line in riders minds will be that the husky just isn't reliable enough for the world toughest race. What a shame, I hope they can get these bike sorted and reliable before the rally ends!
    steadydirt likes this.
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Yes we are copping the usual Husky bashing on local forum
    Need some good news
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Pretty much the same bike this year engine wise. I'm sure speedbrain customized some stuff, but the core engine hasn't changes AFAIK. They didn't have reliability issue last year. But Bort's changed an engine and had a wheel problem. Too bad, he was kicking serious butt up to that point. He could have contended for a podium. Sigh.. But alas, that IS the Dakar. Despres is fighting mechanicals, too.

Speaking of which, I would stop for Despres only to spit on him after what he did last year to Goncalves. Screw him and any brand he rides! He is no sportsman!
    310huskyTE and ray_ray like this.
  5. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jordi Viladoms: "It is terrible to drive in these conditions, but I wanted to finish the stage in order to stay in the race"

Yesterday was one of those days you never forget Jordi, the seventh stage between Calama and Skip was complicated at times and the pilot arrived at Bivouac past twelve at night. To give you an idea of ​​the strength of this evidence, note that participants in the Dakar special begin each day at dawn after making several hundred kilometers of link. Specifically yesterday, the stage was timed 218 and 585 link and crossed two countries Chile and Argentina.

Jordi broke down on his motorcycle shortly after starting the special, exactly at mile 38, he could not resolve until six in the afternoon approximately. Because in the marathon stages like this, the assists are not permitted, our pilot had to contrive with the tools he had on him to repair the Husqvarna. He himself has told how she faced the difficult situation:
    "I set the path to the bivouac knowing that I'd catch the night, but I tried to concentrate on driving and not risking too much to not suffer any downtime. The bike was fine, but driving at night forced me to go little by little, it becomes very hard to stay focused after so many hours, but I tried and just focused my mind on every yard progressed. When you're in the race and is the day you know that if anything ever happens is passing other riders, bikes either, cars or trucks, but apart from a truck that had been unable to finish the stage, there was only me, and that made me take it slow. But that was not all, it started raining and snowing that altitude, and visibility became even smaller, is terrible to drive in these conditions, but was willing to finish the stage in order to stay in the race. "

After spending six hours driving, with poor visibility, difficulty reading the roadbook that lets you avoid getting lost, dark and raining, Jordi arrived at the bivouac in cars and trucks. Although I should have finished in the bivouac of bikes, fortunately the organization decided that, as a precaution and prioritizing the integrity of the pilot, Jordi to stay with them. Motorcycle reach the bivouac, supposed back up to 5,000 meters and snowing night. Jordi already had too many hours in the race and also could run out of gas. A Jordi finally touched hers reassure:
    "Upon arrival at the bivouac after many hours I called the home run, that's the hard part of this race also, no hear from me did not know under what conditions you can imagine I was and what they were eternal hours not only for me but for friends, family ... Also, do you know of whom I remembered? Del school Ullastrell Serralavella of each year that follows me and worried a lot during a similar experience when I lived in the Atacama Desert in another Dakar when after breaking a part of the bike I was without a navigation system or GPS. Did not know how to find the control points let alone how to get to the bivouac. They sent me some pictures of how incredible it had lived and sending me encouragement. "

On that occasion, Jordi not only made it to the bivouac after 400 kilometers blindly by Atacama but not missed even one step controls. He lost four hours in the Atacama desert with no chance of being guided only by the marks that he encountered. Came dehydrated and doing the last kilometer towed by a colleague why he had run out of gas, but never threw in the towel! Yesterday he did it again. In Walnut we have no words to describe what has been able to do Jordi. Showed that not only wins Dakar which takes the podium. For us, and certainly for all its people, Jordi won his Dakar yesterday.

And to top it off, the pilot still in the race Igualada and faces the eighth stage of the Dakar in Argentine territory between Salta and San Miguel de Tucuman with 183 and 228 competitive kilometers liaison. Tomorrow, day off, well deserved for Jordi Viladoms. By the way, you are preparing a surprise:)

Ah! By the way, the image illustrating this post is one of the school's students drawings of Ullastrell Serralavella did to Jordi when lost in Atacama. It reads: "A single sentence but very important, go ahead". __________________
  6. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pedro Bianchi Prata, 4th yesterday, on his nightmare 5th stage:

The day everything went wrong: (actually the Husqvarna is a very good bike and sturdy, made more than 90 km of the stage without water in the radiator and the electric part all melted .... and then 270 km of connection ... we reached the camp at 2 in the morning we exchange the motor and the 5:30 already we were again on the road)

Helmet cam footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EjoiYdGLK0s
    ohmygewd likes this.
  7. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    Joan Barreda Stage 8 Winner improves to 42nd overall:applause:

Top Husky Alessandro Botturi 13th overall
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Barreda on todays stage. He's ripping it up today. :applause:

[IMG]
    Desertyucca likes this.
  9. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

3 Husky's in the the top ten by WP4

(1) 005 - BARREDA BORT Joan (ESP) HUSQVARNA +00:00:33 (3) +00:00:50 (2) +00:00:38 (2) +00:01:12 (2) 2h44m26s (1)
    - (2) 033 - CAMPBELL Johnny (USA) HONDA +00:00:47 (6) +00:01:53 (4) +00:02:43 (5) +00:03:51 (5) +00:01:25 (2)
    - (3) 032 - JAKES Ivan (SVK) KTM +00:01:02 (10) +00:02:10 (9) +00:03:17 (10) +00:04:31 (7) +00:02:35 (3)
    - (11) 001 - DESPRES Cyril (FRA) KTM 0h34m44s (1) 1h01m41s (1) 1h31m59s (1) 1h59m07s (1) --:--:-- (-)
    - (32) 017 - BOTTURI ALESSANDRO (ITA) HUSQVARNA +00:00:34 (4) +00:01:40 (3) +00:02:16 (3) +00:03:39 (3) --:--:-- (-)
    - (23) 011 - FARIA Ruben (PRT) KTM +00:00:51 (8) +00:01:57 (6) +00:02:36 (4) +00:03:40 (4) --:--:-- (-)
    - (33) 020 - GONÇALVES Paulo (PRT) HUSQVARNA +00:00:56 (9) +00:02:12 (10) +00:03:02 (7) +00:04:20 (6) --:--:-- (-)
    - (29) 009 - PAIN Olivier (FRA) YAMAHA +00:00:49 (7) +00:02:07 (8) +00:03:11 (9) +00:04:37 (8) --:--:-- (-)
    - (10) 003 - RODRIGUES Helder (PRT) HONDA +00:00:27 (2) +00:01:54 (5) +00:03:04 (8) +00:04:49 (9) --:--:-- (-)
    - (41) 012 - PEDRERO Juan (ESP) KTM +00:01:10 (11) +00:03:14 (15) +00:03:55 (12) +00:05:02 (10) --:--:--
    WoodsChick likes this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Wow ... thats some terrain change!
  11. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

If anyone wants to follow live tracking. This is the best one going.

http://trackingdakar.nl/

Currently 4 Husky's in the top ten, + one more @ position 14 :applause::cheers:
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I've been glued to trackingdakar! :love:
    I had a rough day yesterday, what with no stage being run. Felt like I didn't get to have my morning coffee or something!
    I'm always sad and a little lost at the end of the Dakar :(
    Ruffus likes this.
  13. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

I feel the same, but I definitely get more done the other 50 weeks of the year :cheers:
    WoodsChick likes this.
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Hah! Yeah, not much getting done around here, for sure :busted:
  15. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    Joan Barreda Stage 9 2nd place improves to 35th overall

Top Husky Alessandro Botturi 5th overall

Finally making progress in the right direction let's just hope it's not to late!
    ray_ray likes this.
  16. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    GO Husqvarna :thumbsup:
    [IMG]
    Husqvarna Motorcycles
    Alessandro Botturi had to wait 9 long stages of the Dakar 2013 to score his first Dakar podium ever. The Italian had to start from far behind and plowed through the field of riders and their dust clouds. At the end Bottu finished 3rd and moved up in the overalls to position 5 Less than 23 minutes behind the leader.

Good to Campbell and Caselli scoring well in their first Dakar :applause:

FYI , the Dakar Android app works Great!
  17. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

18. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

19. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Damn news suck's some times.

Tweet from Jordi, looks like he's done. :cry:
    Jordi Viladoms @ JordiViladoms
    This time there is no solution. Thank you very much for all q have supported me in this adventure and I think in the next
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great posts and coverage guys, thanks.