1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 310r Clicks but will not start, is it the solanoid or something else

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike Mclennan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Mike Mclennan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc310r 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400
    I received this response from the importer
    "I showed our Race Tech and he made the following comments;
    If the gear free wheels then just put the starter in, being a race bike and stalling it in a race, throttle may have been opened causing backfire, maybe the one way clutch on gear was jammed for a short time, it doesn’t take long to destroy a starter if it was spun with the engine? The gear contact areas look a bit shiny like it’s had a lot of starter motor use or it was locked for some amount of time."
    right now I will go with that, buy a new starter gasket, and flywheel cover gasket, now that I have taken it off.
    Will come back here to write new price in Aus and if anyone has any suggestions for cheaper than halls that will post let me know.
    Thankyou for all your help, and while I realise that some of the above had been covered in some forums it may may life clearer for others who find this topic.

irrespective IN FUTURE WILL ONLY START IN NEUTRAL, and learn to stall less and try to treat the starter like a china doll..........
  2. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    That sounds about right to me. I've had the starter lock up with the sprang and flywheel. Luckily it was just for a second but you can hear it easily. What he didn't was is if it happen I've found if you try and push the bike a little while it's in gear then put back in neutral use the kicker slowly it can tell if it's free with out running it.

Also no harm in getting the flywheel outer gasket but you should be OK reusing that one a few times. It's thicker then the starter gasket.
  3. Mike Mclennan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc310r 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400
    Starter $400 aud in Aus delivery 2 weeks (In other words not in stock in Australia!)
    Halls $289USD +$40USD post = 385Aud
    ebay S/H 2012 $200USD+25USD shipp. = $265aud

plus gaskets,

The Au$ is low. So price almost the same.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My sprag stuck so tight last year I replaced the flywheel and everything and STILL cannot get it separated on the bench with a dead blow hammer and a flywheel holder and heat and a punch and a drill etc.
  5. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    That's an expensive piece of Art.