1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012 Te511 Sputters, Dies Off Idle

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Vince30, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Vince30 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 KX450, 2015 GSXS750
    I was riding my TE around for a couple hours this past weekend, and towards the end of the ride, I was cruising normal, and it lost power momentarily, sputtered, and came back. It started happening more frequently as I was getting closer to home. It get really bad a few blocks away, but would stay running with a lot of throttle, so I was able to get it home that way.

Now, it starts up and idles fine, I can get the revs up by bouncing the throttle, but it pops and is not happy. Giving throttle normally make it cough and die. My initial thought is TSP, so I got it running and unplugged it, it didn't seem to have any effect on how it ran with it plugged in or unplugged.

Is there an easy place to stick a meter to verify this? Are there other things I should also be looking at? Appreciate any help.
  2. Vince30 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 KX450, 2015 GSXS750
  3. Vince30 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 KX450, 2015 GSXS750
    Update - the breather vent was definitely an issue, took it off and heard vacuum release. Fired up and rode for a while and all seemed good. Did about 80 miles, 40 miles in and my gas light came on, stopped to get gas and it took like 0.3 gallons, rear tank was full, front tank was empty. Let it sit for a few minutes and the front tank filled back up and I kept riding. about 10 miles from my house the fuel light came on despite the front tank being nearly full, it started sputtering and acted the same as before I fixed the vent hose. I pulled over and took the hoses off so both tanks had no restrictions, and it still ran terribly. Now I start it, it will idle, and seem like it's working, then after 30 second the fuel light comes on and then it starts sputtering and running rough. I can jumper the fuel pump and hear it run. I took the tank out and could feel the pump making a vacuum with my thumb over the breather, but the light coming on also is making me think the pump is bad.
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Fuel filter?
  5. Jose Carrillo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te511
    Ever figure it out?