2012 SMR 511 stalling at lights

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Blshof123, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Blshof123 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 smr 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 drz400 2016 fz07
    Hello, i purchased a 2012 smr 511 recently and when im sitting at stop lights the bike cuts off. I can hit the starter to get it going again but its really annoying. The bike came with a full fmf exhaust and looks like some holes drilled in air box on clutch side. It is in race mode 2 also. Wondering if all the air flow is overpowering the amount of fuel?

I also took the foot shifter apart to powder coat and can not for the life of me figure out which way the spring goes back in!

Would appreciate any help!
    Thanks!
  2. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    There is a whole thread on the flaming out/stalling on these bikes. Running fmf and opening up the air box has leaned out the bike there is a big brass screw on FI to adjust mixture a bit, try turning up the idle with brass screw if that doesn't work you may need a tps reset and you need to know if you have map 3 installed. If your dash says map 2 you still may be running map 3 it only shows map 1 and 2 on dash it will not show map 3. Also dangermouse has a thread on removing the butterfly to help with stalling