1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012-2013 TXC 310 need help

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Wayne69, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Wayne69 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX 450f
    New to website, I have been riding a KX 450 for trails & enduros. I am a B rider, 43 & 195lbs. Normal elevation for where I ride is around 2000. I am looking for a little lighter bike and a little more controllable power.
    I have decided that what I want is the TXC 310. Now the problem is, do I go with the much less expensive 2012 or pay the extra for the 2013 and it's new mods. I know that I will want the most performance I can get, since moving away from the 450. Does anyone have any suggestions, does the 2013 out of the box rate up there with 2012 with a pipe and mapping? Looking for the least expensive way to get the added performance.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    With how much you can save buying a leftover I couldn't justify the 2013 of a 2012. You really could do a lot to it with the kind of savings I have seen. Go pay a suspension guy to tailor things to you, full exhaust, JD kit, and still wouldnt be at a 2013. I don't know how much power will really be added but you could always get the new cams in the old bike later down the rode. You can even have the head powdercoated red lol. Everyone is going to have an opinion so you are going to have to decide. I haven't read any ride reports on a 12 compared to a 13 which will be the only way to know the difference.
  3. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    The 2013 has significantly more torque in the midrange than the 2012 with a little more peak power. It would be difficult to get a 12 to match the performance of a 13 without spending considerably. Fitting the 12 hole injector kit and a pipe makes the 12 a good bike but its still not a 13...

Dave
    Coffee likes this.
  4. bhima Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310. 05 510. 04 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM R30 644. BETA REV 3
    i got a uncorked 2012 310
    how much ££ for the 12 hole injector kit?
    will i need a can?
    is it worth it?
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Having the same dilemma with the TE 310 for my girlfriend. Pretty sure she won't appreciate the technilogical advances until her off road skills improve. I can't see how a modified 2012 wouldn't spank a fully stock 2013 though...they couldn't have done THAT much. :excuseme:
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Welcome to CH ...

Leaving a KX450 that was ridden on trails and enduros and looking for a lighter and more controllable bike? Now this is interesting in several ways ... Excuse me while explain the interest... First the timing is spot on with the factory guys leaving team green in the woods racing... Second ... Your gonna be a good test case between the different brands of bike. Third, your stepping off a 450, not to a 250, but to the ~300cc range ...

Have you ridden any Husqvarna motorcycle lately? The newest bike I have is a 010 TC250 ... Handling is beautiful to say the least ... Power is linear and just seems to hook up and go straight or carve corners ...

I'm not considering cost for you and that 'least expensive way' is a toughie :) ... So I'm saying the 013 is your bike ...
  7. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    There is no way in a million years I would by the 2012. but If your considering a 2012 why not find a used 2011 which is the same bike as the 2012 and if you get a low hour clean bike you'll save even more cash!

The reason why I would get a 2013 is that it appears besides making significant changes to the head and efi they just might actually be focussing on making the x-lites more reliable. the 2011-2012 are proving to need a good amount of sorting which can be very frustrating so if someone offered me a bike that was another level of refinement above what the 2012 will ever be no matter how much your tossing into it . i would much rather get the refined bike with improved EFI and reliability.
    HVUK likes this.
  8. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    13 has new cylinder head designed by an engineer who was part of BMW F1 programme, new fuel injection system, new air box and newly designed exhaust to match. It's a significantly different top end which gives massive torque gains through the midrange. I seriously doubt a 12 could match it.. Without bolting all the 13 parts on!

Dave
    Coffee likes this.
  9. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    The 12 hole injector with ECU kit is around £300 but for a '10 the recommendation is to fit a pipe as well so it's more like £700... Is it worth it? If you're keeping the bike for a year or so I'd say yes as it does make noticeable changes to bottom and mid range (injector and pipe combined). Otherwise you could run the injector kit on its own as 'stage one' but you won't see the full benefit without a pipe.

Dave
    ray_ray likes this.
  10. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    The TXC 310 has the correct ECU and 12 hole injector right off the bat. On a 2012 a full Exhaust adds about 3 hp and gives it a real boost in bottom and mid range. I have not riden a 2013 TXC but I can tell you the a 2012 with a pipe is hard to beat. I have had no problems with the fuel injection at all on my 2012 TXC . If the 2013 head adds more than 3hp I would be suprised. But if I were to by a new bike the 2012 would have to be about $1000-$1500 cheaper for me not to get the 2013. The exhaust on the 2013 is the same as the 2012 good but not great. Lets face it you will add a pipe to both bikes. Mukuni EFI on the TXC does not have the issues that it has on the TE. It could be a little better from 2500-3000rpms but the bike is never in the rpm range unless you are rolling around the pits.
    Huskynoobee and ray_ray like this.
  11. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 2013 is the one to buy.
    dartyppyt and Tessier like this.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Ahh, but the difference from what I've been seeing is closer to $2k (for the TE)). That could cover all the popular mods, plus leave enough left over for a nice weekend trip.
  13. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    If you can afford it...get the 13...
  14. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Owning a 2012 and seeing the improvements makes me lean towards the 2013.
  15. Wayne69 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX 450f
    Thanks to everyone for their remarks, it is a very tough decision, you are correct, it is in the $2000 + range difference in price. The changes in suspension is not as important to me, but the performance is. I wish I knew what the difference of 2012 with pipe and Jd tuner would Dyno at and then where a stock 2013 would come in at.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold

Welcome to Cafe Husky. :cheers:

By the way - HVUK is well connected to the factory.
  17. tool88 Husqvarna
    B Class

Do your self a favor keep you KX husky has the worst resale of any bike on the market i had 2012 txc310 JUNK problems problems dnfs problems. Do not listen to these husky nerds. I tried to race husky for 3 years all broke lost my A**S on all of them when you go to sale. Came on site to see if my friend sold his bikes yet guess what nope not one call. The only bike husky makes good is 125s. Bought orange won last 3 races with no problems.
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Gotta love it when an unhappy customer comes on a site of 12000 and adds no value. I do feel sorry for your experiences though.
  19. tool88 Husqvarna
    B Class

I am sorry i forgot if he does not like it he can post it here in the classifieds and all of you can offer him 2000 for it. Think about it if husky is so hot how come at the end of the year they have to drop there prices 3000 just to clear the showroom. Read the magazines 449 worst bike ever built, tc250 not even close in power to the big five, txc250 bad fuel injection, txc310 lost to ktm350, tennese knock out huskys on fire, motocross des nations huskys being pushed of the track, Jason Thomas quits a factory ride to ride privateer ktm o yah last but not least all of the constant crying and complaining about your junk huskys on yhis site. I gave the brand more time than i should have and lost thousands of dollars doing so. So i think my post has plenty of value even more than than the resale of any husky. RIDE LESS should be there ad because the more you ride the more you spend
  20. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Wow... You come here previously asking for advice. Now you're not happy with your bike, so you slag off the members here as 'husky nerds' constantly crying and complaining about their junk Huskys?

You don't like the brand, fair enough. Having a go at the members of this forum is classless.

As for discounting, which brands don't discount previous model year bikes?
    Phoenix and LandofMotards like this.