2011 TE511 Won't start HELP Please

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Murph987, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Murph987 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Hi brains trust.
    Im at the end of my rope, so before admitting defeat and taking it to the shop, im hoping someone with more knowledge might chime in.

The story:
    bike was left in the shed for 2.5 years (yep im a piece of shit haha)

Trying to get it back on the road(dirt) I have done the following:
    drained old oil, coolant and fuel
    new fuel
    new oil and filter
    new coolant
    cleaned air filter.
    battery is dead(li ion reading 10v) so for the purposes of cranking it is hooked up to a jump start battery. when I get it to kick ill fork out for a new lithium battery.

Attempted to start and it cranks but doesn't start.
    checked spark. it was good.
    next I thought old fuel in the injector so pulled that, cleaned and replaced.
    from this I was able to confirm that with power applied the injector opened and the spray pattern was good.
    put it back together and still cranks but won't start... still...fml
    Lastly, I thought maybe fuel pump is dead so gave it a few sprays of starter aerosol (start ya bastard) down the throat whilst cranking. it never even looked like it was going to kick.

So thats the limit of my knowledge/ability.
    anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I wonder if maybe the computer sitting for so long has become faulty?
    pretty devastated cause I just want to get back out there.

looking forward to some responses
  2. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    You will need the correct timing, compression, fuel and spark for it to start. Not sure what has gone wrong sitting for 2+ years. Normally the fuel goes tacky and gums up. Maybe corrosion in the wiring...

Q1. Have you tried hooking up the bike to a computer running TuneECU to read error codes and sensor readings?
    Q2. Where are you located?
  3. Murph987 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Hi located in Brisbane. I also just tried the ether spray directly under the throttle body and still nothing. I'll need to find someone in bris that knows Huskys.
    Thanks for the advice re ecu fault codes
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Some sensors failing will defeat your best efforts. Hence the code reading.
  5. Bioman2016 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Kawasaki KFX50
    Do you have any codes appear on the dash when you’re cranking? Sometimes the voltage on my bike will drop when cranking and throw a 103 code on the dash. After that, I can crank and crank but it won’t start until the ignition completely shuts off. If you have fuel, compression, and spark, it’s most likely electrical.
  6. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    I would recommend joining the Facebook group "Husqvarna 449-511 Owners Group". There are some TE449 owners in Brisbane on that group that might be able to assist or loan you the ECU cables. If you want to buy the cables and software yourself then check out www.tuneecu.net. You will need an Android phone or tablet, the TuneECU software and cables from Lonelec (http://lonelec.co.uk)

Using TuneECU will allow you to check all the sensors plus read and clear any fault codes.