1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE310. Something's cooked. What is it?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Blair7, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 WR250F, 01 YZ250 2t, 98 VTR1000
    Hey all.
    I've just bought this bike and it seems like a lot of the same old story with the electric system.
    Fuel pump was kicking in intermittently and then not at all,
    electric start not working etc.
    I've been scanning the forums and picked up a lot of good stuff (thankyou).
    I was going over the wiring and noticed this.....
    I'm not sure where it leads yet and I'm so great with electronics or reading diagrams but I'm slowly getting through it. Just hoping someone can jump me ahead a little in identifying what went wrong here?
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    Start with the harness. Use the wiring diagram and take your time. Check all wires with a buzzer, lamp or whatever and be sure that noone is broke. I did that on my bike and found 3 broken cables. One of them solved my problem. The other two was for the light and a blinker wich I dont use.
  3. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Isn't 3 black wires the wires that come from the stator?
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    buddy told me to check in and see this....

question: any mods?

too much heat, too much load/resistance/STG or output from the mag. check stator coils and compare ohms to spec. check for bad grounds esp at VR. seen this b4 when a mag dumps or a VR shunts with bad grounds or someone hangs a 14" OG OSCAR halo on the front and goes Baja (right u-no-hu?) lol.

if bikes stock and stator coils r good, check grounds and check for short to ground. if grounds/conductors r good, check VR or better yet replace it. if all that's good, repair as nec fire it up and check output per spec w/ lights on then off keeping and eye on that connector and everything in between it and mag. something caused that connector to melt they can get hot to the touch (normal) but melting is not i re-route hot stuff under the tubes or as close to being un-covered and in the air stream as possible. my big WR had a hot connector from the VR i think if i recall yellow wire? that was a long time ago but i up and moved everything to under the spine into the breeze never had an issue sure got my attn though being that close to a tank.
  5. Durangohusky Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 450 sxf
    Can you get new stators and rectifiers in the us? Anyone have a link? Looking for 2014 te310
  6. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Try Halls or motosport