1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE310 issue

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by evanandlee, Mar 8, 2017.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They jam because they wear.

It's a one way clutch that in you case is engaging in both directions.

Parts can be expensive.

Yes, you can use the bike that way if you remove the starter motor and gear from the case and replace it with the cover from a kickstart only TC250.

Of course you will have no e-start then.
  2. evanandlee Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te310
    I pulled the flywheel off and yeah it is jammed tight I can't get it apart. I'm just worried about using the flywheel as it normally wouldn't have the one way and free wheel spinning at high speed all day and it might fail and make a real mess...
    Thoughts???
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well, I guess that is a possibility but in my case I cant get mine apart with heat tools and pry bars so I don't think it is coming apart. Normally, the sprag does spin with the flywheel so the only added load is the ring gear which is typically stationary.
    The sprag is captive anyway so if it does free up it is not going anywhere,
    The stock ring gear might act like a bit of a flywheel weight, which might be good. I would not worry about it. People spend big money to save weight on their bike. Here is an easy 6 lbs and your bike will be more reliable W/O the E-start.

You are looking at $4-500 to replace the flywheel, sprag and the ring gear and you still will have a troublesome E-start system.
    I'd consider just buying a TC250 cover plate and you can sell your starter and pinion to me for a spare.
    I find my x-lites kick start just fine and I rarely use the e-start except for trail stalls re-lights.

Up to you and your wallet.
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    FYI I have 2 TC estarter gear covers/caps and 1 gasket. If you remove the estart assy.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501 17&19,TE310R 13&14,TE250 2010
    This happend to my 2014 bike. I hammered it out with a drift. The only thing that broke was the already broken free Wheel.
  6. evanandlee Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te310
    Thanks for all the input and help, I soaked the flywheel,sprag and freewheel in inox and finally it seperated with an extra set of hands and a big hammer... free wheel has some scoring and sprag doesn't look to flash either, so I put the flywheel and free wheel back in the bike, slipped the starter back on and I should be right for this weekend. I have to price up these parts, but might check starter is good first as no point getting the rest fixed.... looks like I'm back to kicking, thank god it's easy to start..... also back to the first problem, got a new fuel pump so hopefully I'll get a good ride and not piss off my mates by having to get towed out of the forest again...lol
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Let us know if you fix it.
  8. evanandlee Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te310
    Finally solved...

The new fuel pump did the trick, bike ran beautiful all day, it even felt like it had a little more bottom end. Only downer is I had to kick all day, but really I shouldn't complain as it starts every kick.

So happy thank you everyone for all the input

Evan