1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 Te 310 Owners Speek Up

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by husky bom, Aug 13, 2011.

1. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

well another exciting day 310 is race/trail ready
    we spent the day dyno tuning the 310 and 250 and got some very impressive results we did a comparison with a 2010 te250 and a 2011 te310 and both bikes got great results but the 310 blows away 250 in the low to mid with better torque output this is were we were concentrating on both bikes as we want low to mid torque on both bikes
    we are getting some grate results tuning the x lite motors now
    so at the end of the day a 310 will be a far better bike over the 250 once tuned right this could not be done with out a power commander and dyno

note... both bikes were fitted with a power commander..same tyre..same dyno..same temp..same gearing..same fuel
  2. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Nice! Hope you post your results.

What is blowing away the 250 in low end? 1 HP, 5 HP?

What I'm curious about, since you own both, how does the 310 compare to the 250 "actual weight", "felt weight"? My 450 to 250 is huge! I'm wondering if that HP gain is at the consequence of less maneuverability with added weight or rotating crank mass.....
  3. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

yes as any engine with a piston...conrod...or cc increase will have a slight higher engine rotating weight
    both bikes weigh the same as thay sit on the floor
    the added torque and hp the 310 has over the 250 out weighs rotating mass when in the same frame bike
    the 250 felt fast and moved through the bush and trees very well and is and felt quicker than the 310 in the very tight stuff .ie..2nd gear stuff were torque was not needed but you needed to have your race face on as to keep the revs up and be in the right gear and ride the bike fast as to get the best out of it

the 310 is faster as you don't have to keep it up in the revs and you find it will get corner to corner quicker will have better corner exit speed and still move through the trees well and quicker than the 250 in tight flowing stuff the 310 has a little more engine braking don't know if this is good or bad??? but is easy to back into corners and can be ridden a bit more lazy and still lug you up snotty hills

the xlight te 250 and te 310 are both great bikes i just think that the extra 52cc makes the 310 a better all round bike
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Yes, I agree, my bike is the best! :D
    robertk61 likes this.
  5. kiwitxc Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm getting things the way I like it.

Mods:
    - Force Radiator guards, nice & tough.
    - JD Jetting kit, just awesome.
    - The last baffle gone from the muffler, it starts so easy now.
    - G2 Ergo hand guards with Mongo mount & nylon bar inserts.
    - Suspension is +2 on everything.
    - S12XC on the back

In progress:
    I'll try 12/50 once the sprocket get's here, but will probably end up 13/52, 13/50 is just a bit to high for me.
    Coming up to summer, so I'll try M12XC rear/S12xc front next up, the 310 chews rubber compared with the 250
  6. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

So, what are the numbers?
  7. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    I want to se some dyno paper.:thinking:
  8. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

here are some numbers as can't scan up the dyno sheet as yet

310 run no tune... 32.18 hp 19.93 torque
    310 after tune .... 34.75 hp 21.30 torque

250 run no tune... 27.39 hp 15.68 torque
    250 sfter tune .... 30.41 hp 17.22 torque
    Slowpoke likes this.
  9. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    I dont belive that, it cant be so big differense, want to se paper on it.
  10. MontyCarlo Husqvarna
    A Class

Care to share the Power Commander Maps you developed?
  11. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Which? difference between tuned and not tuned, or between the 250& 310?

The difference between the 250 & 310 is about spot on what I would have expected, as I have both sizes in the older engine version. I've told buddies it's probably about 5hp difference on my 310 vs my 250 & the dyno results seem to bear that out on the newer X-light versions as well.
    I actually expected the overall hp #'s to be a bit higher for both bikes, as I've seen dyno results for older carbed TE250's at about 32-33HP at the wheel..
    However - Different dynos can get widely differing results though.
    The most important thing is the relative differences here, not necessarily the overall numbers.

As far as the differences between untuned and tuned, those seem quite plausible to me based on the accounts posted by numerous guys on here.
  12. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Anyone that uses a JD 6X tuner on an '11 Te310 care to share their settings? I just ordered them and I'd love to try out settings that work well for others.
    kiwitxc likes this.
  13. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

you don't believe...... i dont care ..you could get of you fat arss and spend many hrs tuning your self and see what you come up with.. this why i dont post up most dyno results because it becomes a dyno hp war good luck

and as for others with a power comander v on a 310 i will help were i can with tuning/maps
  14. shark36 Husqvarna
    C Class

I have arround 27 hours on my te 310 2011. Great bike so far. I did some mods on it:
    - mecasystem skid plate + radiator guard
    - rear tire change to mitas 754 + musse in front and rear
    - alu universal hand protectors from ufo
    - front + rear strap
    - full akrapovič exaust system (eliminate completly the "bottom problem" and gives a bike a little more power, better torque curbe and sound)
    - turatech exaust protection
    - zap footpegs
    - 13/50 (12 is on stand by for techical riding)
    + some minor changes (muss on a bar, rear and font strap,....)

Now I have a 2 questions.

1. I am 183 cm. I changed the bar riser from original 1,4 cm to 2,4cm from turatech, which is much better for me (when standing, it gives better controle of the bike). Meaning I rased the bar for additional 1 cm. But today I tried both together meaning, i rised the bars for 2,4cm compared to original setting. I tried the bike quickly and supprisingly it was not bad. Mybe a little harder to turn on mx track, but on trail it is much more easier to flip the bike between things and better position on a bike (I must admit, that I didnt go quick - it was just for a test).

Does anybody uses bar risers at that hight? Does anybody around 183cm uses this, and what are pros and cons? Some guys say that husky are a little smaler bikes, and that at this hight it is OK to put some raiser for bars. Personal already 2,4cm is great (meaning +0,8 cm). Now +2,4cm, not sure (on mx track, turning can be a problem)????

2. How low do you put the front forks on a stearing head? All the way down, so you dont see no black stuf from the fork at the top (where you adjust the fork), or you leave out at the top 5mm or 1cm (there are 2 marks at the top of the fork each 0,5mm)?
  15. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I am the same height as you and use 45mm spacers-work really well for me when standing.

If you mean how do you push the forks up through the triple clamp, just sit the bike on a stand, loosen all the triple clamp bolts and slide them up. I have mine set at the second mark (10 mm through). Also very important to tension the triple clamp bolts correctly and leave the bottom ones at about 15nm as if you tighten them too much, it can cause the forks to bind.

If you push the forks down, you will get better stability, but slower turning, and will probably have to adjust the clickers on both front and rear softer?
  16. shark36 Husqvarna
    C Class

Robertk61, thanks. Than I'll leave the spacers on a bar on 3,8 cm and see on a trail what will be a feeling. Regarding the fork, I know how to move it, I just didnt know what was original setting and what is better for trail ride (I'll have to test it a little). The 3 bolts, I tighten them at 22 or 24nm (as I found in a maintenance guide). 15nm would losen up to quickly, when the bike falls hard, I think....
    bmah likes this.
  17. Mikenc Husqvarna
    A Class

Shark36, is the Arkrapovic exhaust a custom system or do they make a set up for the 2011 310? Looks like you are also using stock fuel maps with this set up?
  18. shark36 Husqvarna
    C Class

Mikenc, it is not a custom made system. I don't know, if they are making them in big series, but I got it from official Husqvarna dealer. They tested the bike with it and concluded, that the output with it is extremly good (meaning that with it, the bike is very competitive vs big bore engines). No need to change the original maps.

It was not a small investement, but worth every EURO that I paied for it:) The only think that I had to do is to find a good protection, since on the first 3 rides, I made few holes in my pants......
    [IMG]
  19. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Here you go!

2010 TE250. Before: 29.0HP, After: 30.2HP
    [IMG]

Reflash and Dyno Tuning session
    http://youtu.be/0xxJEBhCm38
  20. Mikenc Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the info - It looks good! I am thinking about going with the Leo Vince and the race ECU that is in the 2011 special parts catalog. I will check with my dealer here in the US to see if the Akrapovic is an option.