2011 North East Husky Gathering Redux (ver. 5.1)

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Joe Chod, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Irene did us.....working and thinking about a reschedule as this was/is a benefit event.
    Who would attend? Please vote and if either weekend works for you...vote for both.

Joe
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Joe,
    I wanted to come up for the gathering so bad this year, but work and another trip interfered. However, I'm totally interested in whatever "redux" happens. I could do the first weekend, October 7-9.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

ok folks...looks like 7-9 october is in the lead....lets chat it up here for those planning on coming..
  4. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll be there with my trusty CR 125. I'm hoping some other small bores will be in attendance. I just scored a 2000 125 barrel, head and power valves in anticipation of a bump in displacement, and I'd love to try a 144 vs. a 167. Any tiddler big bores going to be there?
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK Everyone,
    Here it is,
    Second chance available!
    The Northeast Husky Gathering that we had on 26-28 August had some horrible lady named Irene show and really put a slap on the event. :thumbsdown: 14 brave souls braved the weather and we had a good time but it was not as good as past events :applause:and in keeping with the "move foward...not backward" thought process...we will have a part 2.:banana: This will be held 14 thru 16 October 2011. For those who are unaware of this annual event as it goes into its fifth year, it is a get-together of Husqvarna owners and riders as well as all brands vintage riders.

The address is 3122 Duanesburg Churches Rd, Delanson, N.Y. 12053. (Arrows will be up on event days to facilitate guiding the Husky faithful) There is ample level parking. If you prefer not to tent, there is ample room in the house and several couches and spare bedrooms (first come...first serve). PS The bar will be open :cheers:

There is an old school ribboned and bannered grass track MX Scrambles style track as well as a lengthy arrowed Enduro trail loop (6 miles long). You will meet good people to ride with and have an all-around good time. There's a huge raffle, with lots of stuff from event sponsors, including riding gear, bike 'bling' & accessories, and gift certificates. :notworthy: The Gathering is strictly for fun, not for profit. Proceeds from the event will help support several Team USA riders efforts who performed so well during the arduous conditions the 86th I.S.D.E in Finland.
    Spread the word for sure and hope to see you! Fred Hoess Brought some Demo bikes last time and we are gonna ask for a repeat:thumbsup:
    More details at:

http://www.huskygathering.com/index.html

Check out the various tabs on the site for more details.

Thanks,

Joe & Norm
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    WE ARE THERE :banana:. Lets hope dry?
  7. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Unfortunately, I can't do that weekend, due to work, a wedding, and the Scrub Pine Enduro on Sunday. Have fun guys, and I'm hoping for good weather, too.
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey all
    UPDATE HERE
    Doing trail maint. today...wow Irene and Lee really tag teamed the trails! :eek: The rocky stream crossing has taken on a "new look"!;) But what the hey...whats a NE ride without oodles of rocks. Those that rode it know he rest is very rock free (Well I think Fred excavated quite a few with the TC449):lol: There was one tree that got totaly uprooted and it was huge and healthy so I am thinking the winds must have been wicked there. Was in the "mood" doing trail work so cut in some more new stuff. Not too wet considering all the rain we got here. Grass track held up niceley and actually all the rain "smoothed" the surface. :excuseme:
    temps are in the 60's to 70's during day so Bee-Yu-Tee-Ful weather for riding.
    Round 2 is gonna rock!
    Joe
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's going to be.... Epic!
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Who is gonna hit the Ridge Run Enduro on the 2nd of October as a pre ride? New location at Deposit NY. 8 a.m. keytime. plenty of start controls and a B/C cutoff. Perfect Enduro for a new guy. We all can ride on same minute. New guys can get a enduro "how to" lesson on the fly. Lots of new trail....also epic terrain.
  11. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would like to do this enduro - it would be my first one...

Chuck
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Get to my house...I will drive all down to race. Big box van...lots of room. bike be street leagl and bring a digital watch.
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

14. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I see three days, Is friday a whole day thing or just a show up in the evening kind of thing? I made an effort to figure it out on the related website.

Fran
  15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have fun guys! I will be thinking about you with an ice pack on my knee. I am getting an ACL replacement on the 12th. My season ends this weekend unfortunately.

Coincidentally, I wrecked my knee at the Ridge Run in 04 and have been putting off getting it fixed.
  16. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Scotty,
    You making it to the gathering is becoming as elusive as a Husqvarna Pro Grip Team Jersey! :doh:
    Its as if you live in a different country. :busted:

I am still in 1 piece after Ridge but it is a rough one for sure in a monsoon.

I will ensure we send a token of our appreciation up North to you as you will be at the Gathering in Spirit! (or Dan consuming Spirits of a Canadian Blended type)

Hope Surgery goes ok and the "Icy cuff machine thingy" is your friend!

Joe
  17. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm planning to be there Sat am!

Rich
  18. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wish I could make this one too.

Have fun guy's. Hope there's more great pictures as usual :thumbsup:
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Greg Yetsko and I are heading over Columbus Day, to work with Joe on final trail prep for the event. AMA Sanction came in today's mail! It's going to be a good one, so be there!
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Trails are looking good.... Joe added a sweet new section to the loop! There is a bit of mud here and there, but overall it's a fun loop. Be there or be square!:cheers:
    robertaccio likes this.