1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2010 WR 300 Wiring Harness diagram for Head light & Tail light and Trip Computer Installation

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Woodsrider101, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Woodsrider101 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX85, KX65
    I just bought a used 2010 WR 300 today and need help with mounting and wiring of head light & tail light and trip computer. The guy before took everthing off and through in a box becuase he preferred just the number plate. I would prefer to have both working head & tail lights plus have the trip computer reinstalled so I can use the hour meter/speedo/odometer features. Can someone possibly take pictures of their bike showing the way it looks installed from the factory showing connections and mounting of computer or send me a wiring an mounting diagram, any help would be appreciated for this new Husky owner.
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Call Hall's bet they could fax ya one!
  3. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just had a look at mine, the wiring should be easy enough. All the cables have multi-pin plugs that can only plug into their corresponding plug. The indicators have bullet connectors but have colour co ordinated insulation. If you want pics let me know and I'll take some. You wont need a wiring diagram unless someone has chopped of the plugs even then the colours match up.
  4. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Sorry thought you were talking about 2011s,go to the 2009 post it explains it all but this is what we noticed about 2011s ill leave it up anyways.WE noticed this in set up weeks ago ,called Wyatt at Husky USA and they are working on a kit to correct the hook up for this.We were testing voltages from existing wires and seemed not to be regulated so instead of frying bulbs and dashes like what happed on alot 2009 2010 bikes weve been waiting for the correct stuff to fit the new ducati electrics.I emailed Wyatt tonight to see where these kits are in the system and delivery time estimates,we got some of the very first 2011s maybe some later ones came with the correct connections ?billf {ill keep posting}
  5. Woodsrider101 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX85, KX65
    Your help is appreciated, please let me know as soon as you find out. Thanks
  6. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm confused do the 09 burn bulbs and dashes??
  7. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    ive heard the dashes are pretty poor and keep water well away from them.

i dont like mine for the fact, the trip meter resets every ride and it doesnt have a constant hour meter, only trip time.
  8. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    If your dash resets itself make sure the battery is in it {properly} and still good.Sorry for the confusion if you dont plug in the resistor and wires as as in my post on 2009 wiring problems,its the same for all 2009/2010 models the 2010 plug right in but as you see you can plug the wrong yellow leads into the wrong places and hook it up wrong and fry the dash when started.2010 and 2009 wr have no inherent dash problems when hooked up correctly.
  9. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    see see 4 post down 2009 instrument wiring for details
  10. Woodsrider101 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX85, KX65
    BILLF, I appreciate the info, nice diagram. Two questions, do I have to ground the black wire to the frame or can I ground up on the coil with the rest of the ground wires or is is it best to gound the black wire from resistor behind regulator. Also, there is 5 connection on headlight, 2 for small light and 3 for main light, I only have 2 wires from harness , 1- blue (ground) and 1- yellow (hot), how should I hook up on headlight.
    Thanks again, Woodsrider101
  11. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just ground it on the coil bolt or any good clean frame spot.The blue goes to headlamp ground and yelow to either beam pic hi or low.Any thing else as far as dash bulbs also wire into the yellow.
  12. Woodsrider101 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX85, KX65
    Thanks for the info, got it working headlight working. How do I change from kilometers to mph on the trip computer ?
  13. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That seems almost impossable,I get so frustrated I took all of them and plugged them into my TE450 to switch them over in seconds,on elec start bikes with a battery you hold the button down for 10 seconds then turn on the key let off the button then hit the start button when the MPH is showing intermittently bouncing between KPH and MPH and it locks in.Trying to do all this while kick starting a bike and timing it all out seemed impossable,maybe someone else has a better way but if you have a TE Husky buddy thats the easy way.
  14. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Sorry Bill, I'm trying to find the 2009 post you mention, but have not been able to. Do you have a link? I'm working on my 2009 WR 250 Kit right now.