2010 Te250 TPS?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by R_Little, Nov 5, 2011.

1. jimbee Husqvarna
    B Class

after a couple more rides bike is still running good.

My TPS was originally set to 102.0% at WOT, but I went to 101.5% to try to overcome stumble. I now know the stumble was caused by bad CO numbers on new race ECU, this has been corrected, and I was then left with a high idle.

I've gone back to 102.0%, the idle has come down, and I will report back after a couple rides.

QUESTION: both dealer iBeat set ups I've played with didn't show the mV of the TPS, they just provided a "SET" button and % read out. I have been adjusting idle stop and then pressing "SET" to arrive at the desired WOT%. Others here keep mentioning actual mV readings, and in some cases recommended mV settings. Have I just been using the old iBeat? Does new iBeat provide mV?
  2. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    On the set screen i believe theirs a "read button" to press to get the Mv when playing with the TPS. I could be wrong or maybe your ibeat dosn't have it.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's correct. You need to press "READ".

I'm going up to 102.0 as I have the high idle that is worse when hot and the starting is worse @ 101.5

Rich
  4. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    102 is around 973mv. Im trying 102 now cause I realized my idle was around 2300. It brought my idle to around 2100 which I think is just about right. My throttle snap is not quite a crisp now but after adjusting the air screw and the JD tuner ill have it back to the way it was.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How many turns do you have on the airscrew at 102 and 2100 rpms?

Thanks
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

after fixing my sheared flywheel key I went back to 102.1 and 983 mv on the TPS.

The lower numbers just did not work well.
  7. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    What are you idling at with that setting?

I don't count my air screw turns. I adjust it in until when it's idling, and I snap the throttle it comes back quickly.
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

don"t know yet. just did it. About 1900 ish with 2.75 turns but not really sure.

I'll check and let you know.
  9. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N

Can't understand that 102.2 number.
    On my bike I only read 986mV for the TPS idle adjustment.
    As for the Co2 values, all are at 110%.

The bike stutters at small throttle openings.

EDIT: After watching an youtube video, I know now how to read that number. Since I supposely have a x-lite motor, I'll try to set WOT at 102.4% later and check the idle RPM, 2600 are too high, maybe lowering them down to 2000 at the screw. What about TPS ? Which value suits me better ?

Attached Files:

10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sorry for the late reply.

Your TPS is unbalanced. The program expects it to be 1001mV but it is actually set at 986mV.

The 986mV looks good but you have to click the SET button to make both readings the same. Then make sure both sides say 986mV.

You will see the 102.4% on the screen in the background. It's called "Throttle". In the pic it says 0% because the throttle is closed.
    You need to check it with the ignition on and the motor NOT running. Turn the throttle all the way open and it should read around 102.3%
    Do this with a warm motor. You adjust the small allen key on the TPS to get 102.3%

Do you have a 4pt or 12pt injector in your bike? The stock injector was a 4pt and was yellow in color.
    Assuming you have a 4pt then your COs at 110% sound okay if you have the pipe open with no spark arrestor. If your pipe has any kind of plug in it 110% might be a little high.

is your bike kind of loud or quiet?
    EUROJulian likes this.
  11. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N
    I know now, last weekend played a little bit with ibeats.

My experience last weekend is reported in this post.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/how-to-set-throttle-stop.15930/#post-607716
    To lower the rpm the best I could, I had to raise the WOT the best I could ending up at 104%, which gave me a TPS reading of 908 mV.
    Still the bikes has rpm too high, 2250 better than 2600-2800. Tried to play with the idle screw but it seems it's more like an air screw adjuster.
    The bike is more smooth now, it seems it doesn't choke so much as it did before on low revs, gonna try better next weekend for a full day test.

Yes I have the stock injector, the yellow 4 points and I believe I have no spark arrestor since it's an european bike and the leo vince exaust.
    I changed the CO values to 100% 105% 107%, next weekend will get some idea of how different the bike is on mid and high revs.

It was and it is now idling too loud, a little better now than before.

I read somewhere here the battery should read 12.6v off and 14.3v running.
    Mine are 12.8v and 13.5v, does the 13.5v reading when running being a little low has any effect on the behavior of the bike ?

Thanks for your help.
  12. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    you should be able to adjust your idle to 1900. Check to make sure you have no vacuum leaks.
  13. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N

Sorry, but where can I have vacuum leaks ??? I'm adjusting a screw to adjust a cable end ... No hydraulic tubes here.
  14. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    throttle cable should have enough play in it to turn handle bars to full left and right and still have play in throttle. If you had the emission can removed check the left side of intake boot on cylinder to make shore the vacuum port is block off. Check the intake boot for cracks also.
  15. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11
    In my case it was a choke cable giving extra RPMs with bars facing left. Throttle cable was fine.