2009 te610 issues/wont stay running

Discussion in '610/630' started by exacto, Oct 17, 2014.

1. exacto Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    drz400sm, kx250, gs500e
    I got on the bike, fired her up, and was letting her idle, when she just slowly bogged down and died. This has never happened before? so i start it again and i give it some gas while it is bogging down but it dies again, then i try to start it a third time and it wont fire up at all, just turns over.

So i originally thought it was the valves, as i have been hearing some different noises while starting it up. I would turn it on with the choke and it would make some loud clank noise after about 2-3 seconds on fire up, but then it would be fine. Don't know if that is normal?

Either way i took her apart and checked valves and they're all pretty clsoe to spec, but im not a expert mechanic and dont know how exactly the valves should "feel" like with the feeler gauge ( someone said it should feel like scotch tape...whatever the hell that means?) So i set them all to .05mm (.002 in) and before i put everything back on to see if i fixed it, im wondering if i should check something else since the valves were all pretty decent on spec.
  2. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Have you run dry on fuel lately? Sounds like you lost the fuel pump. Can you hear it run when you turn on the key?

3. exacto Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    drz400sm, kx250, gs500e
    I always ride down until the gas light comes on... what sound does the fuel pump make? if the noise for the fuel pump is like a steady hum for a second then yes i hear that?
  4. exacto Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    drz400sm, kx250, gs500e
    just went outside and plugged the tank back into electrical...yup the pump makes a noise when key is switched on.
  5. 51mmu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm exc250
    Did you figure out the problem?