1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2009 TE450 Won't Prime Fuel Pump

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MtnSlayer, Nov 18, 2020.

1. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Motorcycle: its a chainsaw
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    Hello, my bike died on me during a ride and I haven't been able to get it going. Usually when you turn the key in the main switch to the on position from the off position you hear some relays clicking and the fuel pump prime. But the pump isn't getting any power. I had recently refitted the fuel pump as it had the classic slip issue. It ran great for a weekend. When I got it home after it dying on the trail I found the ground on the pump came loose. I solidered the ground wire directly to the negative post on the pump. But it still doesn't prime. I verified when the fuel pump connector (outside the tank) is jumped straight to the battery the pump spins. I went through all the connectors on the bike cleaning/greasing them. I checked for any loose or damaged wires. I can't figure out why it's not sending power to the pump when the key is turned on. Has anyone got an idea of what's happening?

Edit:
    I read many threads before posting and have continued to do so. Below is a list of possible issues I compiled from all the threads. Some of these are probably incorrectly associated to my issue or the macro issue with this bike and the fuel pump.

-Starter relay is bad : mine is ok
    -MAF is dirty/bad:
    -Air inlet temp sensor is bad:
    -Tilt relay is bad:
    -On/off key switch is bad: mine was cleaned, greased and checked, it's ok
    -Clutch Micro Switch:
    -Water/contamination in Lambda sensor:
    -Horn short: mine has been omitted since I got it
    -Damage to loom
    -one person had an issue with the harness on the left side near the battery:
    -several others had issues around the headstock:
    - Chain oil/contamination on starter ground:

George at Uptite told me to clean out any di-electric grease I applied and replace it with ACF-50. I found an aerosol can of ACF-50 on Amazon with a week shipping lead.
  2. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    I realize this is just *another* thread like this and I have some diagnostic advise to follow before the problem can be found. But I did figure out that my starter relay isn't switching. I checked it, it's good. Can anyone tell me what conditions must be met for it to switch?
  3. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    All my relays were bad.
  4. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    Gotta wonder what the odds of that are?
  5. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    Right? I spent so many hours looking for a wiring problem instead of the obvious but extreme odds fix.
    tntmo likes this.
  6. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    I noticed that my dash quit working, I was instantly thinking about how expensive those units are and all that...then I checked the fuse and it was blown. Sometimes you gotta start at the start.
    Glad you got it fixed!