1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2009 TE450 Intermittent Electrical Issue: Do I have (4) bad relays?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MtnSlayer, Nov 29, 2021.

1. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Motorcycle: its a chainsaw
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    Hi All,

When switched on the bike doesn't prime the fuel pump and says fail on dash. The power relay (38 on diagram) has 12v going in but minimal voltage out - sometimes. I was able to get it to show 12v out to the G/R wire that feeds the pump, the dash also showed the normal sel1 instead of fail, after unplugging everything on G/R circuit and then reassembling. Both switch wires also had 12v. The bike started and idled until I reved it and it died. I think the vibration of the rev made the issue return. I was not able to get it to prime after that. I followed power from the battery to the power relay, so the starter relay and power fuses are good. When I omit the relay with a jump wire it spins the pump and the bike runs. When I jump the switch the G/R wire still only gets minimal power, so I don't think its a switch issue.

Sounds like a bad relay right? Well I have 3 on the bike and when I swap them around all have the exact same G/R wire voltage. I even bought a cheap one on amazon b/c it was available next day. It shows the exact same voltage output. Could there be something going on with the G/R circuit that is causing this? I can't find continuity with ground on the g/r wire. When I jump the relay I have 12v throughout the G/R circuit.

Do I have 4 bad relays? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Motorcycle: its a chainsaw
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    so it was in fact 3 bad relays.