1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2009 te250 tuning questions

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Jsinclair, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Jsinclair Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lots
    I also posted this in the tuning section, but it must not get much traffic.

Looking for a bit of advice.

In an effort to make the bike run properly I have ordered the necessary stuff to make the connector , and downloaded/burned I-beat. I bought the bike last week, it still had all of the original emissions stuff installed. I don't have the power up kit, but I did install a non restrictive air filter cage and removed the catalitic converter and charcoal filter.
    I would much rather spend the money up front to do it right the first time. I'm not looking to gain the most performance possible but I would like to have the best throttle response or "feel" as one can get especially at low rpm's.
    Should I buy the 12port injector right off the bat, does it really make that much difference ? I've also read a few times about changing the ECU to one from the dirt only model, if so which model and what years will work, and is it really worth it ?

Thanks
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    The 12 port is a good improvement. Think mine was designed for a Kawasaki.
    I think that one of our Cafe Husky sponsors also has the ability to remap the ECU-which is a cheaper proposition.
    I have found going up 1 or 2 teeth on the rear sprocket is a great help on my 310 for tight and steep techo stuff. If you are doing mostly fire trails leave the gearing as is.
    I also cut the rear muffler insert/silencer in half. Noise is still very acceptable but frees up the motor a tad.

I always put in 2 stroke oil in the fuel (circa 200:1 ratio). I does 3 things;1, Huskies have 2 comp rings, this makes sure the top ring is well lubed-no systemic issues here, just precautionary. 2, It acts like leaded fuel on the valve seats and helps cushion the valves-this will extend top end life and keep the valves in spec. It does not foul the spark plug either. 3, Acts as a fuel preserver in that the oil has a miniscule sheen on top of the fuel and stops it deteriorating.

Use an irridium spark plug for better cold morning starts, and I believe better fuel range.

These bikes are bullet proof, the bottom end in your 250 is 100% the same as the 310, 450 and 510 so it will be unstressed.
    GrooveThang likes this.
  3. Jsinclair Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lots
    Thank you for the very detailed response.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I did not think there was a 12 ecu upgrade for the 09 TE250.

It might be only for the x-lite. Do you have an X-lite?
  5. Jsinclair Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lots
    No , not an x lite.