1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2009 TE 310 Headlight

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Twitzel94, May 17, 2016.

1. Twitzel94 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310
    Hi all, I recently got a used TE310, with no headlight bulb. I emailed Cyclops adventure sports, who said it is a ba20d bulb, but with a bail style clip. They do not sell one, and don't know where to get one. (He thinks it may be aftermarket; but the mask and all is stock). So, does anyone know where I can get this bulb? And if not, where can I find a new TE headlight, with the mask and all the housing? Doesn't have to be for an 09 or a 310. I like the 449's a lot. I have looked all over online and can't find any OEM ones. Thanks! Attached is a photo of the "bail clip" light.

Attached Files:

2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I googled your bulb and got many (243,000!) hits from $1.63 to $12.19

not sure what the problem is. actually, this is a non-problem, and I'm being kinda a smart-ass. but still....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ba20d bulb

Try Bill's (BMP) a sponsor here at Cafe Husky:
    Give 'em a call (503) 585-1153 or toll-free 888-806-1153
    email: bmp@teleport.com
    http://billshusky.com/
  3. Twitzel94 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310
    Haha, thanks for that. The issue is that it calls for a "bail style" bulb. It's the ba20b bulb in regards to wattage, ect, although it is a different fitting
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    a "bail" is the spring-wire that holds it in; it's in your photo and doesn't come on the bulb. just buy one and put it in- don't make this harder than it is. Also, make sure you get a ba20D 12v 35W bulb. a lot of motorcycle shops should have 'em. Give Bill's a call though- great service. Husky Part #800020137 I'm guessing.

caveat: a lot of 'em are 6 volt; some have HUGE envelopes that will not fit in your headlight housing. get the normal looking 12v bulb.

btw, the "ba" means a "bayonet" mount, the "20" means 20mm, and the "d" means "double" contacts- all metrics for the base; and has nothing to do with wattage, voltage or envelope size. I think Bosch developed it in the '30s, but I'm not sure (wiki was a little foggy). it's been around forever though.
  5. Twitzel94 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310
    Late response, although i called bills husky and got one. Thanks for the help!
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  6. Twitzel94 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310
    Now i have another issue... A few days ago while riding the low beam went out. It would occasionally pop in and out right when i turned the bike on. I just rode with the high beams for a week or so, had planned on looking at it eventually. Then while riding last night the high beam went out. I dont believe it was sudden, it flickered a bit. Also happened right when i turned my blinker on. I checked the bulb, its fine. I believe its electrical, how would i go about fixing/ diagnosing this/ thanks
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    confirm the bulb is good: put one contact on the positive terminal; ground the body. then the other contact. I understand you "checked" the bulb but I wanna make sure what the means.

you got 2 lights? we can start chasing wire/fuse/contact issues.

no lights? I'd guess you got a failing regulator that's blowing bulbs. if so, your battery may be next (if it isn't causing the reg problem to begin with)

one light? hmmmm- weird.
  8. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I have the same bike. The wire at the head light socket broke off. I just soldered it back on. Check for power and ground at headlight socket pull and tug on the wires there.
  9. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Make sure you don't run one of the higher wattage bulbs. They have been known to melt things inside the housing. Depending on how serious you want to use your headlight, you may just want to ditch the stock light all together. It's just barely has enough light output to make it usable.
  10. Twitzel94 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310
    The high beam started working this past weekend. I took the light plate off and checked it out. Didnt do anything to it, made the sure bulb is touching the contact points, and it is. I can try again and hope the low beams work again!
  11. Twitzel94 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...nse-Plate-Tail-light-Dual-Sport-/152127081902
    more questions... Brake light doesnt get brighter when braking (i believe its just an aftermarket enduro light. not supposed to get brighter) and my rear blinkers are flush mounted. hard to see, going to get pulled over eventually. Thinking of getting this to solve both problems, although im confused why it only has 5 wires. Shouldn't it have 7? 2 for each blinker, and 3 for brake light. I would appreciate recommendations for other cheap taillight/ blinker/ plate holder combos that are fairly small, such as this one.
  12. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    start a new thread... this one's title is too specific.

headlight: if it started working again, you're probably talking about a broken wire or some other bad connection (although broken filaments have been known to rarely come back together again). time for you to start hunting.

btw, didja ever confirm that both hi & lo beams work in the bulb?

brake light: if it's a tail/brake bulb combo it should have double contacts and filaments- just like your headlight. probably an 1157 bulb, but hell just take it out and look. if it's an enduro light like you suspect: one contact more than likely. That ebay light is sorta okay, but you're gonna be disappointed in the brightness of the turn sigs.

cops will pull you over faster for a non-functional tail/brake light than dim turn signals.
  13. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Factory enduro taillight was made by UFO plastics. It was part of the power up kit. Got rid of that ugly factory taillight.
  14. Twitzel94 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te310
    Exactly my thought, trenchcoat. Who cares if they arent bright turn signals, at least the brake light works, which is what i am nore than likely going to get pulled over for. Im just confused if this new light will work, since it doesnt seem to have enough wires with the blinkers included.