2009 Contingency program

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Motorcycles Corporation' started by MOTORHEAD, Feb 1, 2009.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Looking over the online enrollment it asks you to:

* Please enter a valid competition number.

This is a required field. In almost every series I race in they issue a number at the event and it changes at every event.

What do you put there?
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

AMA number?
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  4. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

There was a list of tracks or series that the contigency would be good for. I can't remember if they numbered the series or not.
  5. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have they officially launched the program? I don't think all of the details are out yet.
  6. MrBungle Husqvarna
    B Class

No contingency for the OMA offroad series??
  7. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Wednesday Feb 4 is the Official Launch

The site will be official on Wednesday. Please disregard any info that is posted now. XTRM prematurely launched the site without our approval. We are making a few small tweaks and will officially launch on wednesday.

Scot Harden
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  10. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    No problem Motorhead. The guys at XTRM just got a little anxious. By the way in the enrollment screen one of the required fields is your racing number. Don't worry about that too much. It does not affect the claims process. We realize that some races issue numbers at sign up different from what you normally run. This won't affect the claims process.

Regards,

Scot
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Thanx :thumbsup:

BTW- It is soooo nice having you checking in one here. Makes me feel really good about buying my Husky. :applause:
  12. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think this is going to be great.

But who do we contact if we have questions about the classes offered on the eligible series? For example D-17 MX "A" classes are worded wrong. There is no longer 125A there is 250A and OpenA but they also offer a 125cc class (which is just like an A class). Will this class be accepted as a A class?

Should I contact XTRM, Husqvarna Hotline, or my dealer?
  14. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Dear BlueHusky,

We expected there would be changes to class designations, number of series yearly events, etc that is another reason we have joined forces with XTRM. XTRM is a central clearning house for information between customers, promoters and us. Any changes in class designations or series numbers should be directed between the promoter and XTRM. Once XTRM has the information they will contact us and get our final approval to make changes.

To manage a program of this size and complexity is impossible by our small staff at Husqvarna. It was either discontinue it, or provide poor service(remember the 2008 claims delays?) or step up an do it professionally. We have opted for the latter. Please have your local series promoter contact XTRM with any changes to the classifications.

Regards,

Scot Harden
  15. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

OH Good GOD, whatever you do don't discontinue it.

I completely understand the complexity of the program so I will contact the district 17 mx director, a good friend of mine and see what he can do to contact the promotors of the series. And I will have them contact XTRM with any changes.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It would be great if these types of things could be documented with care so others can follow in you footsteps in getting things arranged with other race series/districts. :thumbsup:
  17. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Before you check with the D-17 coordinator check the website again. With Jay Hall's help we updated all the info for AMA D-17.
  18. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes I will wait. The website doesn't reflect any changes but it might take a while. D-17 is very fortunate to have Jay as a HS Director, AMA Congressman, and a Husqvarna dealer.
  19. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Deleted and Sent to CoffeeTalk.
  20. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I just purchased a new 2007 WR250 from a Husky dealer. Is this bike eligible for the contingency program? From the best I can tell, the only difference between a 2007 and 2008 WR250 are the handlebars, graffics and the color of the fork sliders. Heck, this model has remained virtually unchanged for years.

I'll throw some new bars and graffics on it, if I have too.