1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2008 Te510 Problem! (please Help)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Hansentyspy, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Hansentyspy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te-510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Grom
    Hey guys! Thank you for verifying my account! I just bought a used 2008 TE510, has 6800 miles. Pretty great bike! But about a day after buying it. I noticed weird things. Like for example, after riding for a while, it would shut off at some stop signs when I'd pull in the clutch. Very inconsistently though. Then I took it on a good 3 hour ride on some fun trails. On the way back. The throttle started lagging. I'd give it gas and it wouldn't react for a solid second, and then whenever I'd release the throttle it would bog HARD! Eventually it started shutting off when I'd stop giving it throttle and bogging when I would give it throttle. That turned into it not turning on and me having to get it towed home. I gave it an oil change, changed the oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, and took out the injector and sprayed cleaner through it. I put gas back in it and it fired right up! And ran awesome for another couple hours on a ride but then started doing the same exact thing.. luckily this time I got it home before it got to be unrideable. Now I can turn it on with the kickstart, and I can get it to idle, but if I give it gas, the second I release the gas, it dies... Does anyone have any insight that might be able to point me in the right direction? I'm scheduling an appointment with the mechanic but that's a couple weeks out and I'd love to save the money if possible..thank you!!!
  2. Slider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX12R 2003
    Battery ok ?, Clutch or sidestand switch
  3. Hansentyspy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te-510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Grom
    The battery is definitely good!! I've actually been really impressed with the battery, not 100% sure about the health of the clutch or the sidestand switch sadly!! Weird fact. I installed that power up kit that deletes the lambda sensor, and after doing that, the bike fired right up and ran great for a good 20 minute ride!! I'm wondering if the problem might've been a bad o2 sensor. My quantum fuel pump just showed up yesterday though, I'm installing it today and then I'll take it on a long ride to find out! Thank you for replying!!!
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Its also a fuel injected model. and its an 08. can be 100s of things. Fuel filters, injector, fuel pump, old fuel, electronic control wiring, connectors, ECU, throttle body. As stated above basic electrical components. Could be ignition issues.... we can all add ideas but without physical troubleshooting and eliminating system components as bad we are just guessing but at least we are giving you ideas....
  5. Hansentyspy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te-510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Grom
    Definitely appreciate the ideas thank you!! You're absolutely giving me things to look at!! Luckily I've tested the injector and cleaned it out, replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, and air filter, so I can rule those out! I'll definitely get a mechanics help for diagnosing electrical problems!! That is beyond me!! Thank you!!
  6. Shellsson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2008
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/7, Kawasaki KZ750B
    I have an 450 2008. Same problem. Have you checked the green/red wire?

Attached Files:

7. Shellsson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2008
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. Hansentyspy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te-510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Grom
    I haven't no! I'll check that next! A few people said they've had the same problem and it ended up being valves needed to be adjusted!! I'm going to do that next!!
  9. Shellsson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2008
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    You need to track down a dealer that still has the ibeat programming. In stock form the bike does not really work well. Once the power up kit is installed, all the parameters need to be adjusted with ibeat to make it run properly. Your computer is trying to run the bike one way, but your bike is set up differently now. And the lambda probe isn’t like a cars 02 sensor. It’s a narrow band and would only make slight adjustments for the fueling. If you put the jumper plug in the harness for the lamda plug, the computer has now been told to go into race mode which essentially doubles the bikes power. When I got my bike dialed in many years ago after the power up kit install, the bike was tuned to run with the spark arrestor in. If I take it out and try to run the bike, the bike noticeably runs worse. All of your problems are in the tuning.