2008 te510 fuel injector replacement... or carb swap

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Kessig4x4, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Kessig4x4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    76 Harley
    I have a 2008 TE510 which over the past few years has given me an abundance of efi problems. This weeks issue is that the fuel injector is functioning improperly. I wiuld have to imagine its getting stuck as it will just pour fuel out and load the cylinder/exhaust with fuel. I took it apart and there where streams coming outbof it, i eventually gotbit to clear up and act correctly and than moments later of riding it it did the same thing. I am having trouble finding a replacement injector for it. Does anyone have a source for this?

I would also greatly entertain the idea of putting a carburaetor on it so i could trust the bike but not sure how that would effect my ignition system. I have had the fuel pump/injector leave me stranded before and am uncomfortable going anywhere on the bike by myself.

Thankyou
  2. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    What’s the condition of your fuel filter? And how have you cleaned your injector? Have you cleaned it both directions?
  3. Kessig4x4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    76 Harley
    I havent done anything special to clean the injector, tomorrow i should actually get some free time to work on it and i will try cleaning it out and riding around the property for a bit and see if it sticks again. The filter is pretty new as i just replaced the pump recently, however it will not hurt to take a look/replace it. I have also only ran high quality fuel from the same clean can through it but theres always the chance aomething got in it. Not having much luck locating a new injector i will see if i can find any kind of number off it and maybe get it from a retailer for the injector manufacturer. Unless i find something thats definately the issue and definately resolved i dont think id be comfortable taking the bike out on any substantial ride with it potentially bound to stick again.
    268fords likes this.