1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2008 te450 wont stay running .

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by tl1000r, Dec 17, 2015.

1. tl1000r Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was riding the street , after 8 miles the bike died .

When I turn the key on , I can hear the fuel pump cycle , it will only start if I give it about 1/4 turn on the throttle

And no matter what I do , it dies about 3 seconds later .

The bike did sit for several months with stabil and super gas .

I did drain and fill it with new gas , also has a new battery , ( I tested it good also )

Any ideas where to start would be greatly appreciated.

2 questions ,
    1 which relay is for the fuel pump once the bike is running ?
    2 if fuel pump is suspect , what is the recommended one to use ?
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You should check to see how much pressure/flow is coming off the fuel pump.
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Try cleaning the fuel injector, there are some tiny screens lining the inlet side, they can get matted with very fine gunk.
  4. tl1000r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pump is barely pushing fuel . So I went to local husky shop , 620 is what they said for a pump.

Any recommendations are where to get one ?
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Try BMP 503-585-1183 and you'll get an OEM one faster and way cheaper. Great people.

a ebay search turned up a few aftermarket ones too, from $15 to over $100.

good luck.
  6. tl1000r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Tinken thanks for your help , just placed order for the pump from you guys .
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Actually, I don't work for Zipty any longer, but I am happy to have helped you.
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    oops... looks like you were a victim of my new account probation on my post above ("This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors" usually for a day or 3). I hafta go through the waiting period again after my account got hosed- along with a few other people, it looks like.

Anyhoooo, ZTR will treat you great. Actually, pretty much every sponsor that I've dealt with here at CH are stand-up folks.

for future reference, Oldmotocrosser is parting out stuff on his '08 250 in this thread; he is in Calgary which is almost like a whole 'nother country.:applause:

good luck.
  9. MFGamesta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    S1000R, Beta 500 RR-S
    Had your exact issue on my '08 TE 250. The bike would run for a few miles and die like "running out of gas". That's because I was running out of gas. I believe my fuel pump was bad and once the tank started to heat up, it would seize up.

I bought the CA Cyclewerks fuel pump and haven't have any problems since. It's like $135.00 USD but I think it's good. You can buy a cheap fuel pump on ebay for like 25 bucks and give that a try without spending too much money.

https://ca-cycleworks.com/ca-cycleworks-products/fuel-pumps/fp-hus

While I had the tank off I went ahead and put some of that reflective insulation stuff, the kind that comes in sheets and you peel it off and stick it on after cutting. I'm hoping it keeps my tank cooler but who knows...

Good luck!
  10. tl1000r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ordered a new pump from zipty on the 19th , just waiting on it to come in .

I also picked up new plug and fuel filter . Since I'm taking it apart , I will probably send the injector out to be cleaned and tested also

Any other things I should do while I got it apart ?
  11. craigy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450 08
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 125EXC, Ossa SDR
    I cleaned my injector using the method shown here. It worked really well. I backflushed it first and when I sprayed in the correct direction the spray pattern was obvious.
  12. tl1000r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Since I'm taking it apart over the winter , I will put some silicone hoses on it and flush it .
    Does anyone still carry the coolant y from George ? ( should have bought one years ago when I got the skid plate )
  13. tl1000r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Replaced the pump , plug, fuel filter , and , temp sensor . Bike fired up , and I took it for a short ride , no more problems .

I just ordered jd tuner To try and clean it up a bit .

Is there anyone in nnj who has ibeat that can set my tps , and put my settings back to 100 . Thanks