2008 te/sm 610 mpg

Discussion in '610/630' started by mcinfantry, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got 50 mpg stock. With the power up and -on the gas- i am now getting around 40 or a bit more.

Thats off road on a TE 610. 2008.

Just throwin some numbers out. My rear tires spin a bit more than a SM so actually they might be very similar numbers....
  2. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

ill try and run it with dirt tires, although LAST time i did that i laid it down and i think i broke my collarbone... it STILL hurts...
  3. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

On a new bike, I am getting about 55 mpg commuting on the interstate at 75 mph. Stock
  4. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

?, is that 75mph sustained for a whole tank, or not. mine was 75mph from fillup to fillup LOL
  5. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1
    Lee there's a whole thread of nothing but 610 pics and not a single shot of your creation.....:excuseme:
    Come on, give it up!

:thumbsup:

( pretty please... )
  6. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, that is pretty much 75 mph all the time. I am pretty easy on the throttle most of he time.
  7. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

well, mine is USMC green, USMC marked with an all suede renazco... pretty standard.... ill try tomorrow... today was gun-shooting day.
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I can't figure this: I got 60+mpg on easy gravel and asplalt roads in the mountians up to 2500" stock. Did the powerup and it went down in the 40s. Then I went back with the o2 sensor and dropped a tooth up front. I then couldn't get any better than 51 in Death Valley. The bike was running so poorly compared to being powered up that I went back. Now powered up and down a tooth I'm getting 49 on country roads and not ripping tooo much.
    Doesn't make sense to me.
    I talked to the lady(wife?) at JD Jetting today and the FI powerup boxes are getting close.
  9. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like it... copyrighted? :p
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Feel free to use it however you want, I was in a silly mood at the time.

Go for it! :thumbsup:
  11. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

:lol:
  12. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My last tank was 58.25 mpg and the warning light come on at 137 miles. This is a te610 and this was a easy dualsport ride. My seat is due to be done by creeper 6-8-09. I have 675 miles on my bike and will ride tommorow with my nephew. He will ride my 08 te510 and this will be his first dualsport ride. My 610 was lowered by les 1 1/2 " and I can't wait for the seat to get done. I will soon do a trip to the U.P. up to Cooper Harbor and the Porcupine Mts. This bike is awesome and am stoked after every ride.
  14. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

how will your TE510 be geared on the ride?
  15. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Gearing

I am up one tooth on the cs. I did this last fall and it was a much smoother spead of power with a better cruising speed. The 510 has the arrow pipe and pulls this gearing fine. I do wish the 510 had an overdrive 5 and 6th. Any one know of any gear swaps? Not much single line with this set up yet but I think it will be ok. Lets face it the 510 will be a handful in the nasty stuff thats why I wish someone would give me a 310. No reason not to have 3 TE's other than having to sleep in the garage, but it is heated.:thumbsup:
  16. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

I run 15\48 & most highways @ 50-55 MPH I don't even shift to 6th. Thats with a little 120-90 rear tire, I have the stock 140-80 to put on & a new T-Flex. Think I'll be ordering a 14 tooth CS. My bike is pretty smooth @ 6000 rpm, that where I like to keep the engine singing :D

I know it's no info for the OP's original 610 question, but I consistently get 40 mpg's, If I'm real easy on acceleration I get between 40 & 45 mpg's
  17. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Te 510 Gas Mileage

My nephew and I rode 40 miles today and was running out of gas and limped home on the 510. I was very disappointed in the gas millage. My 610 is a super tanker compared to the 510. We ran dirt roads, trails and did some hill climbing and man do these bikes roost. :thumbsup:I got a flat tire after picking up a nail on an old railroad bed. We did not get the miles in we wanted due to the flat and the 510's range. However my nephew could not get the grin off of his face and I guess I won't be selling the 510 due to my new riding partner. I need to get a IMS tank ordered and his was butt was hurting, but he is young and we will see what EE comes up with. Any ideas on improving the 510's mileage? It is geared up one tooth on the cs. James got some pics with his blackberry and when he gets them to me I will post them.
  18. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I get ~40 mpg with my 08 TE510 and if really nice on the thottle lot to mid 40's. This is with the power up kit and 15/47 gearing for DS type riding.

Get in deep sand and hammering the throttle with WOT bursts between every corner and it will pull it down below 30 mpg easy.
  19. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mpg 510

Well I guess there is a price to pay for that grin on your face. :D
  20. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

and absolutely worth it for the grin factor!