1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2008 TC510 Lighting Coil?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by wdsracer, Dec 29, 2017.

1. wdsracer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda xr250r
    i found an 08 TC 510, owned by an older gent in very nice condition completely original. Just wondering if these bikes have a lighting coil so I could put a headlight and tail light on it? The bike also hs a clear MC title so I thought about convertin it to a DS. Thanks
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    welp, according to the parts book- the TE/SMRs 250, 450, 510 all have the same stator (8000 A6737), but the TXCs (w/o lights) have 2 different ones, and the TCs also have 2 other different ones. Since the assembly comes with a rotor also, the difference may be in rotor weight. But it could be a timing/trigger difference also.

I am guessing there are 3 different stators for the '08s: TE, TXC, TC. Bet'cha rancher1 could tell you.

If you want a TE stator, it looks like 2008-2010 will work (except '10 250s). You will need a regulator of course (or even a wiring harness). You *might* need a rotor. TXCs need to recharge the battery for the starter so don't rule them out either.

The parts manuals and shop manual are available online for download (look at the lower left):
    http://www.husqvarnaoutlet.com/home

To answer your question: it does not look like the TCs can power lights; but that's a guess.

welcome back and good luck. (shits changed around here)
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  3. wdsracer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 honda xr250r
    Thanks very much for the info Trenchcoat. I will have a look at those online parts manuals. Yes a lot has changed, looks great.
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    It’s been years since this has been discussed, but from what I remember, the TC and TXC don’t have that many watts to spare for lights. Since they were carbed bikes without lights, signals, there stators were small. The TE/SMR stators put out 230+watts at 5-6k rpm since they are injected and have a ECM. Many years ago I switched all bulbs over to led to have enough power for larger lights. Just for an example, my stock dual filament tailight drew 23watts. The enduro tailight in the power up kit only draws .5 watts.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    wait... what!!??? 10 minutes before midnight you're not out partying? (ok, ok- I just got back from the bar; just decided to check in with CH)

happy new year everybody!

ps- TXCs dint have lights??
  6. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    No partying here. Just was hanging out with the wife and kids last night.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would say yes it should have enough power to run regular dirt bike lights. It is the same stator they used when the TCs were electric start only so there is some output although I so not know how much. I would say that LEDs would be a great option for the best light output.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.