2008 Husky iBeat settings?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Mehusieni, May 3, 2019.

1. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    Been wondering about iBeat vs Powercommander for my SMR 510 (2008). From what I've read about the powercommander, they only allow you to change the fueling while on the throttle (custom map). Bike works fine other than that small bog when twisting the throttle too fast but this is fixable with the iBeat? (All power-up mods are done to the bike).

Because I'm building the bike for stuntriding, I'm more interested in getting the throttle as smooth as possible on 0%-50% and for that you'll need an ECU flash which isn't really possible with the limitations of the Husky ECU's and iBeat (or is it possible a tuner to make a custom map to the ECU with a different program than iBeat and a dyno?).

To my understanding, every modern fuel injection is designed so they give 0% fuel while engine-braking to reduce emmissions. When you roll back on to the throttle, the cylinder floods with gas thus causing this jerk.
    Example (17:42 in the video):
    View: https://youtu.be/Hl9F2aAYMjo?t=1062

This is what I've found:
    Have you got Ibeat v1 or v2? On V1 you had to connect the Lambda to adjust the fuelling using the FB button, with V2 you can adjust it using the CO button.
    On 2008 models only adjustment point 1 makes any difference, you can change the numbers on points 2 and 3 but it doesn't actually adjust the fuelling.

Adjustment point 1 alters the fuelling up to 20% throttle opening.

Dave

I can get a "fake"-ish iBeat cable + the CD relatively cheap so my questions are:
    Does adjusting the FB1 %-value remove the jerkiness when on-off the throttle?
    Can a professional tuner make a custom map to the stock ECU with iBeat or a different program?
    Can you fix the bog (when twisting the throttle quickly) with iBeat?
    What settings are you guys running on your 2008 510's?

Anything else you could tell me about the iBeat or TPS adjustments or links to other threads would be appreciated. Thanks