1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2008 exhaust interchangable with 2009-2010???

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HUSKYnXJnWI, Mar 24, 2010.

1. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    TE450/510
    Ok on 2008's they had a weird set up- between stock(useless/ not servicable) and the PU(had to buy- quiet inserts not available)- then 2009/2010 they made the arrow work as Stock set up and PU set up just take out the cat and you are good. Now we are getting some other options from manufacturers such as fmf.

It would seem logical that the 2008-2010 head pipes to mid pipe have not changed and you could install a 2009/10 on a 2008. It would be nice for 2008 guys to know this because they could purchase the 2009 Arrow rather than the 2008 if they have not Powered up yet. The Benefit would be being able to use the DbKiller. Also they would know if they have the option of getting the FMF slip ons, which are affordable, light, serviceable, and have quiet inserts. FMF does not list the 2008s on their site – but as we all know that does not always mean it doesn’t fit- they just didn’t test it or didn’t list it.

So does anyone know if the 2008 exhaust from header to mid is the same so you could just swap out mufflers with 2009/2010s- or what would be swapped for an FMF slip on. One person interested in this attempted to contact fmf with no response. I have another buddy that will soon be down this path.

2. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    No the 2009-2010 FMF exhaust will not fit on the 2008. I learned this lesson already. I also assumed they just didn't have one to test.

The bend around the frame is just a bit different. It will all slide together but the front bolt will be 1" from the mount and the mid pipe will be touching the upper chain roller.

I should have taken pictures with it on the bike.

[IMG]

Later,
  3. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Thanks Jake
    Well that $ucks for 2008 guys.... they don't have alot of options then-
    After market for Husky has taken some jumps from 5 years ago right to 09-10...
    Stock, Arrow PU, or Uptite's.... correct?

So guys with a 2008's Arrows and have to pass strict sound test should find a fabricator to make a DB insert, or look at "dbdawgs"
    Sorry guys- hopefully the aftermarket will fill the gap someday...
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    When I talked to George it sounded like he had an option for the 2008's. But he also said his quiet insert was not a long term solution and would burn out on long rides.

The sound thing is a huge issue and my TXC has tested anywhere from 92 to 97 with nothing changing. It tested at 94 once with the SA out and 97 a different time with the SA in.

Sound tests are strange. :banghead:

Later,
  5. A.Breton Husqvarna
    AA Class

I opted for the Uptite muffler, unable to locate a oem power up kit. I will say the Uptite muffler is little to bling for me, but it is nice quality. I would say it's pretty close to the stock noise level at idle, no idea at actual db levels. It is also not a straight bolt on deal, I cut the stock pipe off the muffler/cat and had the uptite muffler welded to it. But if you wanted to you could buy the FMF cut the pipe off your stock muffler and have it welded to the fmf can also.
    Now I was told by my dealer that I only had to change the mid pip to a 09 and then buy a 09 can.
  6. mikezx Husqvarna
    B Class

i saw a post once, not sure which forum i was on lol, but it was about quieting down exhausts. on there it had a link to universal dp killer inserts in a number of sizes, made of aluminum in anadized colors. i wish i could find it again it was what i was going to buy if i got a ticket for my load exhaust! i think they where like 35 to 50 buck too. it said they would lower the dp levels by 10 without power loss! any body else remember that something like that?
  7. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Yea Mike, that's the DbDawg I think you are talking about...
    Its an option for the guys that buy the 2008 PU Arrow since they cant use the DBKIller-and don't have fabrication equipment. Don't get me wrong the Arrows are good pipes- I just wish the 08 was interchangable with the 09 and 10 and they had the option of FMF or others. Seems the 2008 guys are overlooked by some aftermarket support- If I crushed my 09TE450 Arrow can I'd by the fmf as a replacement.
    The dBdaug inserts look like they will do what they say- I have read a few successful reviews as well. But the PU Arrow is a chunk of money in and of itself it seems.
    Thanks for the info A.Brenton-
  8. jwdirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone tried any aftermarket exhausts with a 2008 TC250? I thought all the models 250, 310 & 450 were pretty much the same so are any exhausts interchangeable? I noticed these HMF http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HMF-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c12f2b9e3
    exhausts listed for different models but I think they all have the same part#. I now have a 310 kit installed so would I guess my ultimate question is would a HMF slip on for a TE310 work on a TC250 and would it give the bike more spank than the stock pipe.
  9. zeddy Husqvarna
    AA Class

could you not put a whole 09 system on an 08? from the head back or are the bolt holes on the frame in different spots?
    I thought fmf made a complete system!
  10. nocontrol Husqvarna
    B Class

Yes, you should be able to. It seems that the head pipes are the same. I put an 08 midpipe + slipon onto my 09, using my stock headpipes. Fitment is fine, seems like it should be better, but I haven't seen an 08 in person.
  11. 01erionracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have PU kit and exhaust from George (uptite Husky). With the stock gearing 13/47 I got increased 2 mpg on highway ride and the torque is killing me (looks like I am running on 2nd or 3rd gear). I geared the front to 15t and have not test the gas mileage yet.
  12. zeddy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks alot!
  13. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Good luck with FMF. My experience was a bad one. I do know that the TC510 and any 450 doesnt interchange. The header pipe is fatter on the 510.
    Also, the FMF pipe did not just slip on nicely. I had to do some tweeking to make it fit. Very unhappy with my pipe. But, I couldnt afford the $1500 for a stock muffler.
  14. MXRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250F
    The 09 TE510 FMF pipe fit my 09 450 perfectly.
    Im very happy with it, tho it is a touch on the loud side.

[IMG]
  15. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

hi there im looking at puting a fmf on my 2009 te 450 so the one for the te 510 will fit what is the part number ps the pipe looks good is it a 4.1 titian
  16. MXRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250F
    I got the powercore 4, part # 045293
    mine is on an SMR mid pipe which was a dual system, but I cut the mid pipe to fit the FMF muffler.
    I dont see why it wouldnt fit the TE450.

ID of the FMF pipe where it meets the mid pipe is 45mm and OD is 47mm.
  17. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    FMF lists a 10-11 fit for a te-310, but I have a 09 310 and Want to put on a 4.1 slip-on on it.

I think the 09 and 10's were the same (red head) and 11's got the new "black head" engine. Are they all the same?
  18. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    The 310 from 09/10 should be the same (same motor)- but the 11 has the xlight motor
  19. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    I know this is old, but I had found out that the 09' TXC 250 pipe should fit the 08' 450/510
  20. alk199 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 txc 250
    i want to put a fmf on my 2008 txc 250 but i can only find ones to fit 2009-2010 on the internet, but 2008 and 2009 txc 250's look the same so if i got one would it fit my bike?